1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image resizing for PPS

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by mistcoat, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

If you wish to resize your images so they don't explode the boards, you can easily resize them HERE.

Hope that helps.

2. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

that will help Tim

3. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Nice one Mistcoat :thumbsup: Can I add to this, hope you don't mind :blush:

In Windows, you can right click any image and choose to open the image with "Paint". The image will then open at the full size, so if it looks like you need an humongous screen to view the entire thing click on "Resize". There you can choose to resize by percentage or pixel size. When you are happy, click on "Save as". That way you have two separate files, your original and the resized.

This does not optimise the image, but does resize it to be more user, & forum friendly. To optimise use Mistcoats linky above or an alternative could be:

Other programmes such as the excellent and free photoshop alternative Paint.net allows you to edit images and add effects etc, but also helps you to optimise the images for the web. Open an image, resize and immediately when you click "Save as" it gives you a little optional slider to adjust the optimisation, and so quality of the image. 100% means no change to quality from the original option, and 0% means you will not have a clue what the image was in the first place. I have found that around 70% is perfect, as it reduces the file size for you to upload and the decrease in image quality is negligible.

Some web based photo albums such as Googles Picasa allow you to simply choose one of four or five sizes and will give you a link to paste directly into your post. This way you do not have to worry about resizing, optimising or overwriting an original precious photo.

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Cheers, Al :thumbsup:

In Microsoft Office Picture Manager I usually resize down to "Web Small" which is 448x336 px

I did that with AD's Last Ship I Was On thread.

5. AyrshireDec

AyrshireDec PPS Tradesman

I only used imgur as a back up because tinypic was crashing today , i just click the 15" tab and it's works a treat. Never had that option today lol
    :dunno:

6. kirk

kirk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Was about to say on photoshop you can save as a web image which makes the file a lot smaller aswel for easier upload :thumbsup: