1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Memory of TooledUp

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by mistcoat, Nov 2, 2011.

1. keef

keef keef Bar Member

and a poorer one

barry likes this.
  2. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yes before my joining this great forum, great vision. And thanks also for keeping it going !

barry and mistcoat like this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Some people make a big splash in the world while the rest of us bounce in the ripples. The ripples he made have changed the way I work thanks to this site.

Tomcio, siwel, matt and 5 others like this.
  4. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Wayners ... may i say those are excellent thoughts W

matt and grumpyvandriver like this.
  5. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Another years has passed us all by and we have been here posting away about our daily job problems, showing off our most recent jobs to fellow members and moaning we have bought yet another tool :biggrin:
    Talking about tools, back on this very day in 2010 this forum sadly lost it's Founder - Pete aka TooledUp.
    Not forgetting, Pete's family lost a Husband and a great Dad.

Would you all care to raise your glasses or mugs of tea in memory of this fine man who was and still is an inspiration to me and anyone else who has read his posts here on PPS.
    Please take a moment to remember him and many others who we have lost over the years to Lung Cancer (we lost Pete to this) and any other illnesses.

Should you wish to make a donation to The British Lung Foundation in memory of TooledUp, please click THIS LINK to be taken to this threads original post where you can find the necessary link to Pete's Page.
    Thank you all :doff:

Kev, Tomcio, YTS 83' and 7 others like this.
  6. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Not sure that link works @mistcoat . I tried it as I'd like to make a donation.

barry and mistcoat like this.
  7. mistcoat

This is odd, as @barry had a problem last year and I sorted it and he got to make his donation I believe.

Try clicking the Breath of Life link.
    You should see the big old red Donate button.
    Let me know.

8. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Was a top bloke for sure , will never be forgotten :cheers:

bagshot and mistcoat like this.
  9. barry

When visiting Pete’s site one reads the aim was to raise £1ooo. To date 25% has been raised. In thanks to this man with the vision to give us PPS , let us make this the year to give this 25% a massive boost so richly deserved .
    A good place to thank Tim who steers us onwards and upwards ! A lot of work there old son , thanks.:doff:

bagshot, crj and mistcoat like this.
  10. crj

Cheers, yes that link worked fine. I echo @barry 's post too re your hard work Tim. Tis much appreciated.

mistcoat likes this.
  11. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

You know my feelings,Tim, the best accolade I can give you is Pete would be proud of you ,mate.
    Maybe, we ought to give credit to your mrs (Nic) as the time you spend round the back of here effects her too.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

mistcoat and barry like this.
  12. crj

Totally agree. Also glad you didn't omit that all important letter 'e' off the end of 'here' otherwise the sentence would have taken on a whole new meaning. :winky:

RonyT, mistcoat and barry like this.
  13. barry

Clever

crj and mistcoat like this.
  14. mistcoat

Pete would have been peeing in his pants over that one, I guarantee it!!! :yes:+1+1+1
    He loved a joke and banter with the members.

bagshot likes this.
  15. crj

I was worried maybe it was in bad taste in the context of Brian's kind words. I'm not one to pass on the opportunity of a crude joke though.

barry, bagshot and mistcoat like this.