1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitchen face lift. Unusual Colour

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by RonyT, Mar 21, 2021.

1. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

When the customer sent over their colour choices I was very surprised as I wouldn't ever consider them for a kitchen.

Howden's "ready to paint" (which we all know is tosh) kitchen finished with a light grey RAL colour, the island and tall cupboards were all done with Stix and finished with Scuff-X eggshell in Cherry Malt 2104-50.
    Almost everything was taken away and sprayed off site, the rest was hand finished with BM's Tynex brush

9EB2F945-EDEE-49BB-A1E3-FD1EF9F8548F.jpeg 644B41C3-9FCF-4233-B517-B71F98F313D2.jpeg 4881A5A6-E4C6-4EBD-8918-8034A66653DD.jpeg B1F1E4F2-6137-4004-9D2F-E7C59EE05D92.jpeg 75EF5706-D1BC-486B-9AC5-E3CEA8F3FFD0.jpeg

Here’s my favourite bit. They had the most adorable 2 year old who had her little kitchen, so I did hers to match Mummy and Daddies

F1717241-48D6-4A5E-870D-CF90F2B161E4.jpeg

jimmyc, Robjames92, Samdex and 16 others like this.
  2. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Lovely touch that Tony doing the small kitchen as well.
    Main kitchen looks nice, only criticism (not you) is the brass effect fittings as they tarnish so quickly it can easily downgrade your excellent work.

RonyT likes this.
  3. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Prisons were painted pink to calm aggressive inmates. :lol:

Lovely work though :thumbsup:

Gazza, Daf, grumpyvandriver and 2 others like this.
  4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

The workmanship is blimmin stunning, as usual, Mr. @RonyT
    However, the colour to me looks more of lady's bedroom colour. i.e. Barbara Cartland (but a muted BC colour).

I love that you did little'uns kitchen too. Top man :notworthy:
    Funny thing is, the colour looks better on little'uns kitchen than it does on the adult one.

bagshot, ahenrypd, Puma and 1 other person like this.
  5. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Must be the dark grey handles and cupboard legs making the cherry malt colour stand out.

Looks really nice RonyT.

But who is to blame for leaning a packaged door against the wall. Grr.

RonyT likes this.
  6. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice fella @RonyT , I like the colours too, that last bit brought a lump to my throat, about the little girl and doing that too for her, what a lover guy you are, I do love you Tony xx

:no:

RonyT likes this.
  7. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely job mate!

RonyT likes this.
  8. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Great work as per usual mate.

I quite like the colour. Maybe if it was broken up a bit with a dark navy it would really pop.

Tomcio and RonyT like this.
  9. RonyT

Cheers Chaps. Always good to hear feedback from your peers :doff:

The colour grew on me and because it was only on the island and tall cupboard it wasn't so in ya face.
    Think if the whole kitchen was done in it, it would be overkill.
    Really liked the way it went with the marbling on the worktops.

will, crj and Daf like this.
  10. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

I do like this colour very mutch.
    Nice work:thumbsup:.
    Was the miniature kitchen hand painted?

RonyT likes this.
  11. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

I really like the pink next to the tiled floor. I think it shows the more neutral the floor and worktops, the greater the variety of colours you can use elsewhere.
    I bet the family were thrilled!

RonyT likes this.
  12. RonyT

No, I took it away and sprayed it with the rest so it got the VIP treatment.
    It literally took minutes to do.

@Marylee - They took a grey from both the floor and marble and matched it for the grey on the other cabinetry.
    The gold (not brass @bitzz :biggrin:) handles and knobs were highlighted in other bits n bobs in the kitchen, like the tap, the hand soap pump etc.

It did make me wonder if they had designed the whole kitchen colour scheme based on the soap pump in pic 2 !
    Either way, they clearly had an idea of what they wanted and how to tie everything in. Hats off to them, it is definitely bespoke and they were very decisive customers.

@grumpyvandriver - Not guilty your honour. Was left there by HO and I didn't do the walls so wasn't in my remit so it was left well alone. :winky:

@mistcoat - When it was in its wet state, it looked like Barbies' ideal kitchen ! But when it dried down, it was more muted (more than the pics show) and went to a pastel dusky pink.

Marylee, Tomcio, mistcoat and 2 others like this.
  13. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Is it gravy resistant though?

bitzz, ahenrypd and RonyT like this.
  14. RonyT

I very much doubt that a house of that stature would even know what gravy is, let alone actually possessing any.
    I'm pretty certain it is jus resistant though :biggrin:

15. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

It's not a bad, bad colour as it goes.
    Were they a bit worried when it was in its "Barbie" stage?

I thought I had put some photos up of the really small kitchen I did for an elderly couple. I'll stick them up tomorrow. The colour of mine makes yours, as you say, look muted.
    Yours also makes mine look like the little'uns kitchen :biggrin:

Top job, Tony :doff:

RonyT likes this.
  16. RonyT

They never had eyeballs on when it was wet. There was only two side panels either side of the sink and a few other bits which, as per Scuff-X, dried off within the hour.
    Look forward to seeing your pics mate. :thumbsup: and not the ones with you in just your pants.

mistcoat likes this.
  17. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Top notch work @RonyT as per usual.
    Now your used to small kitchens, are you doing Barry's next :hysterical::jester:

barry, RonyT, Buckers and 2 others like this.
  18. Yorkshire Dec

Yorkshire Dec PPS Tradesman

Fantastic job:fullten:

RonyT likes this.
  19. RonyT

Thank you :doff:

:biggrin:

barry likes this.
  20. john ov

john ov PPS Time Served

Lovely job Tony