1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitchen job from before Xmas

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by bruntonpasty, Feb 2, 2020.

1. bruntonpasty

bruntonpasty PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Completed this one for some friends just before Xmas. Units, cabinet in corner, table and chairs.
    PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-41-55 (1).jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-42-24.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-42-53 (1).jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-43-12.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-43-32 (1).jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-45-24.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-45-05.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-45-43.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-43-49 (1).jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-48-26.jpg

Buckers, Iain79, Robjames92 and 9 others like this.
  2. bruntonpasty

one or two more... PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-47-51.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-45-05.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-48-07.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-44-29.jpg PHOTO-2020-02-02-17-43-49.jpg

3. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely work, Got to be happy with that! Some nice features on the kitchen that look really well painted.

4. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks good !

5. bruntonpasty

Really enjoyed this job! Customers have been friends for too, too many years to mention but this is the first job we've done for them. Using great paint goes a long way to getting it right, hard work also but the look on mates Mrs face as it all went back together was worth all the hard work. I was really pleased how the drab old fashioned table and chairs came out.

Buckers, Bobbones, Tomcio and 3 others like this.
  6. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks great. Well done. Paints used? Hours spent ?

mistcoat likes this.
  7. bruntonpasty

Units were Scuff-X eggshell mostly through the XVLP but odd bits brushed. Ceiling BM ceiling paint, walls above dado rail, BM Aura matte. Dado rail, walls below and wood trim Aura eggshell. Table and chairs Osmo clear satin and BM Aura satin.
    Lots of hours!! Can't actually remember.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2020
    mistcoat, Bobbones and barry like this.
  8. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Great looking job there munter. About to try Scuff-x eggshell on a job so any tips tips appreciated.

9. bruntonpasty

Nothing to suggest netta, great stuff, say no more.......

Btw..... Munter? what the......

10. Waynetta

Thought more polite than fat boy :whistle:

11. bruntonpasty

:lol: Currently fluctuating between 11 st and 11 st 5lbs I'll have you know, my body is a temple! :cool:

Waynetta likes this.
  12. Craig-B

Craig-B PPS Apprentice

looks a good job there:thumbsup:

13. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks so much brighter ! New kitchen for half the price .

mistcoat and bruntonpasty like this.
  14. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

What primer went over oak presses?

15. Waynetta

Did you take doors off site to spray?

16. bruntonpasty

Tomcio. I had hoped to use BM stix as primer but it wasn't stopping some bleed from the prepped oak, ended up using BIN instead which is messy but it's never let me down before.

Waynetta. Doors and pretty much anything else that could be removed , all taken home and sprayed in my garage. I've done this a few times now and have got a system of working that I'm happy with and seems to work well.
    Cheers RonyT, They looked at changing it ands asked the company that supplied it originally to give them some prices. The guy could remember supplying it, his comment about them not getting as good a quality replacement kind of put them off fitting a new one. They called me to have a look and give them a rough idea of what it could cost to paint it. My final bill for the kitchen and general redecoration was about a quarter of what a replacement was going to cost. She's happy 'cos it looks great, he's happy 'cos he's not been robbed!!

Buckers, Waynetta, Bobbones and 3 others like this.
  17. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely job ,and fair play to the kicthen guy for saying what he did

Bobbones and bruntonpasty like this.
  18. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very impressive! Did you put BIN through your XVLP or roll it?

19. bruntonpasty

No, the BIN was the two of us brushing it, don't fancy having the faff of cleaning up after ......
    Tbf, my mate got them to fit the new tops, supply new sink and new appliances.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2020
    White Spirit and Bobbones like this.
  20. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks superb mate:doff: