1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitchen re-paint using Benjamin Moore Aura satin & matte.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Gregoire2k3, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Gregoire2k3

Gregoire2k3 PPS Tradesman

Kitchen units re-painted, it wasn't too great before and I convinced the client with bm products.

This was done along with pretty much most of the house...she kept adding jobs! I told her no more in the end, still back and forth doing more now.

Great client nevertheless, sandwiches, drinks they couldn't do enough for me.

20160602_132310.jpg 20160602_132346.jpg 20160602_132358.jpg 20160602_132234.jpg 20160709_095644.jpg 20160709_095709.jpg 20160709_095734.jpg 20160709_095752.jpg 20160709_095807.jpg 20160709_100357.jpg

Tomcio, Old Head, greenbank and 13 others like this.
  2. Robbie uk

Robbie uk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

They are the best customers to have, the ones that respect you and look after you:smile:

crj likes this.
  3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

@Gregoire2k3 You ought to enter the review prize draw that @BenjaminMooreUK are throwing via the forum. They'd like to hear from you if you are using their paints on handpainted kitchens with good results.

BenjaminMooreUK and Bobbones like this.
  4. Chris13

Chris13 PPS Time Served

Great job, got to love the customers that look after you. :thumbsup:

5. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Get that in the comp, it looks great.:thumbup:

BenjaminMooreUK likes this.
  6. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Good one mate, which BM paint did you use?
    :thumbsup:

7. Gregoire2k3

I used Aura Satin 'Storm' on units, the walls were done in Aura Matte 'Cliffside Gray' and woodwork was Advance Satin PM-1 on woodwork.

Didn't know they had one on, I'll have a butchers. Cheers.

8. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work:thumbup:

9. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

10. bobajob

bobajob PPS Craftsman Bar Member

nice job may I ask why use the aura satin and not the advance thanks

mistcoat and tjbelfield like this.
  11. Gregoire2k3

I wanted to get the colour depth as achieved by using the aura satin in the En - suite. It took a while for it to go hard so I did have doubts about durability but was at the same job today and it is still as good as new.

Puma and mistcoat like this.
  12. ajmdecorators

ajmdecorators PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Excellent, would you be happy to use it all the time? I have been looking for another option on my kitchens since tikkurila have let me down

13. Gregoire2k3

I think I would use it for kitchens in the future for sure. The drying/re-coat times makes the whole thing so much easier too. I had painted all the door hinge edge twice in a matter of then put hinge and door back on the same day. Meant I didn't have a dozens of doors lying around on the floor/worktop.

Will advanced satin perform better in the long run? maybe but I am always back and forth from that same job and will be keeping an eye on it. They would tell me anyway.

14. ajmdecorators

ajmdecorators PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Great stuff, thanks. Keep us upto date with it then mate. Suppose most only ever needs 2 coats too unless it's bare wood. which cuts down everything else's 3/4 coats so that's a big bonus

15. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice one. I like the idea of painting around the hinges and back edges of the doors first. :doff:

Hybrids are not good for kitchens IMO.

Tomcio and barry like this.
  16. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Hi Puma..... Please do NOT read this as a challenge to the above " hybrids/ kitchens" but a genuine .... Can you expand on this a little,please? Your tech knowledge is obviously tops so I'm keen to learn . Thanks,

Tomcio likes this.
  17. Dellboy

Dellboy PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Why would you do this ??

Takes no time at all to remove hinge and gives a much better finish.

Myself, I'm not a fan on Hybrids at all, either paint in oil or water, not a mix :thumbup:

stevy, Tomcio and siwel like this.
  18. siwel

siwel PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Removing hinges apart from making painting easier it also make sanding ,degreasing washing down easier as well IMHO:thumbsup:

stevy, Tomcio, mistcoat and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gregoire2k3

Hinges were fully removed as handles etc as they should be. My apprentice mixed up where I placed the doors so I knew where each one went and made it a bit of a nightmare getting them back on as each one was slightly different.

20. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I recently did some kitchen unit end panel, plinths, cornice etc in the BM Aura Matte. Customer was having replacement doors fitted and I had to match colour. Sent sample to Ian at BM, matched colour and finish perfectly. I tried the Stix primer and really loved how it applied and dried rock hard. 2 coats of Mid/dark grey Aura Matte looked a real treat.

Bobbones and siwel like this.