1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitchens and furniture

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, May 22, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

A few jobs that have been completed in the last couple of weeks.

Attached Files:

3 spires, Buckers, Robjames92 and 7 others like this.
  2. jimmyc

jimmyc PPS Tradesman

Nicely done @Michael W. I enjoy looking at pictures of your work, propa craftsmanship right there

RonyT and Michael W like this.
  3. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @jimmyc that's a very kind to you to say that. Its just practice and the desire to produce an outstanding product for my customers and provide good value for their money

Marylee, jimmyc and Tomcio like this.
  4. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looking good !

5. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Hi @Michael W Interesting.. the way you place door fronts on the papers...no fat edges on the underside?

Michael O Connor likes this.
  6. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Great work again Micheal, you’re workshop set up looks awesome. I have access to a booth similar size to yours but nowhere near as clean!

7. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice @Michael W I do wish I had your premises, haha, it would make life easier.

A cracking job once again, I bet the owners are chuffed to bits?

8. cpb

cpb PPS Tradesman

Lovely work as always. Nice set up. Inspiring and demoralising at the same time. :doff:

Buckers, RonyT and Marylee like this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Hi @Tomcio no never any fat edges we spray them on a twirly spray table that has an mdf rectangle that sits on the frame, we just paper up the piece of mdf to lay the doors on for spraying so that the paper collects all the overspray then we just paper up over the top of the last layer and rack the doors up after they are sprayed

Michael O Connor, Daf and Tomcio like this.
  10. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @grumpyvandriver @YTS 83' @Daf @cpb

Customer of the anthracite kitchen couldn't believe it when we had fitted it all back and called her to come and have a look, she actually shed a tear in delight and said she could never have expected it to come out so well and the fact she has saved a small fortune over buying a new kitchen.

Thank you all for your comments, I am very lucky to have been able to setup my workshop like that, we do try and keep it clean but it is at the point of needing a good once over

11. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Amazing workmanship there @Michael W, again.
    My wife just nosed over my shoulder as I was looking and said, and I quote, "makes your work look like chit" !

:hysterical:

Buckers, crj, bitzz and 4 others like this.
  12. Michael O Connor

Michael O Connor PPS Apprentice

Very nice. What primer did you use for the anthracite grey kitchen?

13. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@RonyT thank you, you are too kind. I am sure she didn't say that, mate all the work you show looks stunning, we are lucky to be a part of this forum full of nice, top quality tradesmen, who really take pride in their work and want to continually push themselves and grow. I'm proud to be a member with guys like yourself of something that far surpasses the quality of most I see.

Painter16 and RonyT like this.
  14. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@Michael O Connor thank you, the primer used was a dark grey solvent 2 pack PU from Renner, it has great adhesion, super quick dry times, sandabilitly is great, it is high build but not as good as a polyester which we use for grain fills and high gloss finishes, but for general purpose it is great and fairly cheap too.

Michael O Connor likes this.
  15. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

A supporting loving wife there @RonyT You did point out to her you would need to buy all that equipment to satisfy her high standards.:biggrin:

Great work @Michael W :doff: What gun are you are using?

Buckers, cpb and RonyT like this.
  16. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I guarantee 100% she did say that.
    Anyway, got to go, need to get to A&E as she some how slipped on a banana skin that was on the stairs.

I was going to say just that when I heard the bumpidy bumpidy bump bump bump on the stairs. :whistle:

17. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Ha yeah it's inspired me to not bother as looks too much like hard work and beyond my skill set :smile:

Great work @Michael W

Michael W likes this.
  18. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

19. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @ahenrypd we use Devilbiss gpi and flg5 in 1.8 for priming and Devilbiss gti prolite's in 1.3 setup for top coats and clear coats, on site we use Sata minijet 4400 or the A.N.I R160 both in 1.2 setup, mainly so we can reach all the nooks and crannies easy and can keep the overspray to a very very minimum.

ahenrypd likes this.
  20. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Ohh dear and the hospital is more than 10 mins away