1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living Room - Near Howe Mugrisdale

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DerekHessett, Dec 5, 2012.

1. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Started this one on Monday, The owners were on holiday a few months back and came home to a swimming pool in the rear living room so its was a complete ripout job. The ceiling was plastered by a lad from Penrith and what a job he did!! Absolutely Brilliant! will defo be taking his number.

First of all ceiling was mist coated, then the walls were Gaurdz. Yesterday we got the cornice up and the two roses, Had a bit of trouble with the joints as the walls were buckled as you expect with a 200 year old house, but we got there.

Cornice, roses & woodwork is going to be finished with Sikkens BL Satura which is my go to now thanks to Barry Richardson:thumbsup:! Finishing the cornice with the woodwork is something i don't get asked to often so looking forward to the end results. Walls are getting lined with 1400 Mav and then finished with Prestigious wallpaper. Here is the progress so far :biggrin:

I dont usually use the ready mixed Solvite but i am really impressed with the red lid high grab stuff! One of the best i have used!

[​IMG]
    20 Aug 2012 11:38 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    5 Dec 2012 10:23 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    5 Dec 2012 10:22 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5 Dec 2012 17:15 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

2. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

That's a tidy looking platform you have Derek.

3. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I've just put those ceiling roses up today lol place in mersyside supplyd really light!!! May have to take down though as been informed he wants braided flex 0.75mm there's just a crappy one hanging down at mo!! Looks good though mate

4. DerekHessett

That's them mate! Took minutes to put up was impressed with how light they were as well.

5. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That will end up a nice looking job as per, Derek :thumbsup:
    Some trusty materials sitting there on that lovely mini tower which when you've done, I'll need it back. Ta! :whistle:

Keep us posted!

6. pd67

pd67 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Can't wait to see the finished job.
    Good work

7. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

Looks good so far, was puttin up a bit of the old cornice myself last week!

8. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Shaping up Derek,I have the tower too,nice bit of kit and does come in well handy

9. B Richardson Decorating

B Richardson Decorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Plenty to keep you busy there mate!!
    Look forward to the end result.

10. rogerb

rogerb PPS Craftsman

Nice job Derek looking good so far, in two weeks time there wil be xmas tree and trimmings everywhere lol, I put a similar coving up a couple of years ago went up really wella lot better than the traditional plaster ones,looking forward to seeing the finished room.

11. DerekHessett

Well jobs just about complete apart from rads and two doors. had to wait for joiner to fix bits which i would rather have painted before papering but that just that.

Was were lined with MAV 1400, Celling Finished In F&B Elephants Breath but mixed in Covaplus because its just a better paint IMO. Finished the roses, cornice and all woodwork with BL Satura and also they were all primed with BL Primer as well. Roses looked awesome! had a lot of filling with Toupret on the cornice just because the walls were out but wasn't to bad.

The papers choosing were http://www.johnlewis.com/231445459/Product.aspx and this for the alcove and chimney breast http://www.johnlewis.com/231445462/Product.aspx. First time i had hung this brand and was really pleased with how it went on.

[​IMG]
    11 Dec 2012 09:15 by Derekhessett, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    11 Dec 2012 09:15 by Derekhessett, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    11 Dec 2012 13:14 by Derekhessett, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    11 Dec 2012 13:14 by Derekhessett, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    12 Dec 2012 13:27 by Derekhessett, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    12 Dec 2012 15:52 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

It was a cracking day!

[​IMG]
    12 Dec 2012 13:02 by Derekhessett, on Flickr

12. wall2wall

Nice one Derek, the new gadget going flat out.

Where you paint on to the liner at the cornice, archritive and skirting board, do you sand that flat before papering ?

13. DerekHessett

Cheers mate

Yea give it a rub with 120 pad, Never had it burst once the finish paper is applied.

14. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Fair play that man. Get that laser to make it's money for you :thumbsup:

15. wall2wall

Do the same myself but surprisingly I often come across jobs where its not sanded.

16. Lee

Lee PPS Craftsman

Great job Derek :thumbsup:

Was the leica worth the extra expense? Been looking at that one for when my Stanley one dies!

17. DerekHessett

Deffinetly mate! The laser is really bright compared to other ones I have used. With the tripod which hasn't arrived yet cost £202. 3 year warranty with it as we'll. After using it for two days I am wondering how I manage before!

18. B Richardson Decorating

B Richardson Decorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Well done Dek, looking sharp, nice job to have on the run up to Xmas!!
    Will have to look at these new fangled lazer gizmo's prefer a light sabre myself my young padawan , much to learn , the force is strong with this one ....:winky:)

19. Lee

Lee PPS Craftsman

Well, as its Christmas then.........:biggrin:

20. DerekHessett

Get one bought! Turn to the dark side master Jedi!