1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouses Back in the sitting room.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Tomcio, Jan 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Tomcio likes this.
  2. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Thank you everybody :doff:
    Yes I have switched to Everal Aqua as it allows me to finish faster two or three coats in one day with peace of mind, sprays better and the 10 looks less plastic than Helmi 10.
    I do enjoy the gun. One thing I'll cut out the gun hook soon as I never use it and allways bang cabinets interiors with it.

I like the effect of painting cornice the same colour as wall very much.

Ha ha yes when I move all of the tool boxes in the HOs usually ask what's in them . :biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  3. Sprayandrun

Sprayandrun PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

One day (may have to swim with travel these days)
    i'll go to ireland and watch the master @Tomcio ( i'll carry the tweezers & 32 plus brushes that are needed).

Tomcio and ahenrypd like this.
  4. will

will PPS Tradesman

That looks so classy Tommy,do you give colour advice to clients,?..I must admit since being on this site the mighty Astra has filled up with paints,sanders ,rollers and general products recommended that it looks like an oversized game of Buckaroo but it didnt stop me looking for some "Lavazza oro"from your list on the tikkurila web page till i realised it was coffee!!...will:thumbsup:

RonyT, mistcoat, ahenrypd and 2 others like this.
  5. Tomcio

Hi @will thank you.
    I do not under no circumstances advise client about colour choice other than what IMO should be painted the same.
    If I could choose the colours it will be all orange, yellow, green, red and turquoise ha ha.
    I have Astra Van to so every cm sq is organized but the very last one that is needed to close the back door is usually missing ha ha.. I'm thinking about some clever roof box.
    Good sport with searching for Oro on Tikka website:hysterical:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    ahenrypd and will like this.
  6. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Excellent work, Tomcio:thumbsup: I like the cornice being the same colour as the wall - makes a nice change. Do you recommend to your clients to do the same colour for that and the woodwork, or just give them the option?

Also, how are you finding the Perfect Matt? Is that your go to on ceilings? I'm getting a free 5 litres next week, so I'm going to give it a whirl on a hsl

Tomcio likes this.
  7. Tomcio

Hi @White Spirit and thank you.
    I advice usually to paint trim in the same colour as the walls and bring it up on to cornice or coving specially in low ceiling rooms if the ceiling curvature is not to ridiculous..only few clients agreed over the 30 years ha ha.
    The Perfect Matt is fantastic.
    I dilute it about 10 or 15 % and have it tinted with white tinter in the shop so I've no idea whats it like opacity wise straight from the can ha ha, but with tinter it's a sure oncer.
    So far used it only on few jobs but it saved me the flashing frustration in the critical light. I think if no critical light on the hsl te PM is to expensive to use there.
    For all other white ceillings I use Good Home matt.

White Spirit and Sprayandrun like this.
  8. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Agree regarding ceilings. I'm getting it in a colour for the walls so it should give a good indication regarding flashing. I use Ar2 for ceilings but I don't think opacity is the best on some ceilings, so I'm going to pick up some white to try out to compare.

Tomcio likes this.
  9. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Superb workmanship there :thumbsup:

Tomcio likes this.
  10. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yeah me too
    Only ĺ
    In my few uses of good home ive always found it to crack very easily over caulk. Have you found the same problem? If not then what caulk do you use. Thanks

11. Tomcio

Thank you @DerekHessett.
    @crj mate I use Redlite in place of caulk when ever possible after loading it to the empty caulk cartridge.
    If I have to use Caulk then quicko coat of Pegaprim Xpress on to the bead before matt paint.
    On the last Good Home job used Valspar base coat for the first coat over fillers and Caulk before Good Home and I haven't noticed any crazing.

crj likes this.
  12. bobajob

bobajob PPS Craftsman Bar Member

who makes perfect matt ?

13. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Johnstone's I believe.

Tomcio likes this.
  14. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Really nice @Tomcio, top quality work at top speed aswell! :doff:
    Really like colours like that from the floor to the ceiling, most people wont risk it though.

Tomcio likes this.
  15. Tomcio

Thank you @Buckers. Top speed really?

16. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Photos on a phone can be deceiving but it didnt look in great condition @Tomcio so 6 days looks good going, quality takes time.

Tomcio and RonyT like this.
  17. Tomcio

On the pricing day I advised stripping all walls back to cement render but client got scared ha ha.

ahenrypd likes this.
  18. Hang it all

Hang it all PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I read this (very descriptive) thread title and for some reason expected it to be rodent related...
    :dunno:

But that is some great work there @Tomcio

Tomcio, mistcoat and ahenrypd like this.
  19. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Looks stunning, amazing work

Tomcio likes this.
  20. Tomcio