1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved posts

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Designanddecor, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

[split] Sheen Levels

Wasn't the sheen conversation involving mythic eggshell?
    http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=2454&highlight=Mythic

2. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

RE: Firwood 2543 paint

I remembered it was Mythic Matt, so searched for "sheen" and specified his username

I think this is the post you are looking for http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=1077&pid=11312#pid11312

3. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

nahhhh that is just one post, there was a thread were it got discussed in greater detail, especially the angles at which it's measured from

4. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

Right Forum?

Obliviously I know this is the only forum we all use for decorating but.....well just asking

5. handypainter

I think he's been cheating on us :lol:

6. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

Have searched a bit and any thread where its mentioned it was by Mythic. This could be the thread you refer to CR http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=2461&page=3&highlight=85+degrees

7. Colour Republic

hmmmm I remember more on the topic and without a doubt Matt shared his knowledge. I seem to remember a few pages rather than the odd post. but now i'm wondering if I imagined it or was talking to myself!

Anyway going off topic to this thread so maybe it is better to start a new thread on the subject:thumbsup:
    [hr]
    in fact give me a minute and i'll split this one

8. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

I Always was a tart!

Anyway variety is the spice of life, just don't get caught! oh hello dear!:oops:

9. wall2wall

Just an opinion, but to my mind when posts are deleted from a thread for anything other than personal abuse or bad language it changes the perspective and context of the remaining posts, always best to leave everything intact that opinions can be formed from a thread in its entirety, just saying :thumbsup:

10. Colour Republic

RE: Sheen Levels

The posts added no value to the subject other than people helpfully trying to find previous posts on the subject and me sending you lot on a wild goose chase. If I didn't remove them the thread was already 2 pages long, any new comers to the thread would have had to wade through them before reading any helpful posts on the subject.

Safe to say I have left any posts relevant and helpful to the subject so has not changed the perspective of it.

The posts by the way have not been deleted just moved. Hopefully both this thread and the firwood one can now progress.

11. wall2wall

RE: Sheen Levels

Again, just an opinion. Whether they add value or not it matters not, they were in the thread and as I stated above its my opinion they should remain in the thread whether you judge them as having value or not. They are an integral part of what was posted and like all other posts have their value as such.

You, I and every other poster on this site post under the same rules for both posting and subsequent editing, If you as an administrator deem it necessary to split a thread as you have done in this instance it should be done without omitting any posts regardless of who made them or what value you personally think they hold.

Deleted,moved,omitted, call it what you will but the fact is they are no longer where they should be which is here, on view for all to see in an unsanitised fashion.

12. Colour Republic

I disagree W2W, posts adding value to a thread, especially at the start of a thread DOES matter.

Threads often go off topic, depending on how off topic those posts go determines if the posts are left, split or removed.

As a moderator it was my decision to remove those posts so that the new split thread could get back on topic and provide the basis of a good thread.

You will notice that I have now split the thread once more so as not to further detract from the subject.

I shall shortly add the removed posts to this thread and if you (or anyone else) can argue that these posts do in fact form a crucial part of the discussion or any oversight I may have missed, then I shall gladly reinstate them

13. Colour Republic

Posts reinstated and are now at the begining of this thread.

14. wall2wall

As I said before all posts made in a thread can be viewed in their original form and the context in which they were written regardless of their perceived value to you as either the op or in your capacity as an administrator.

You made the posts which I refer to, your posts should not be subject to any type of sanitation or editing which any other forum users posts have not been subjected to regardless of the reasons you now state.

Nobody reading this thread now would be able to make head nor tail of it as it has now had posts added to it which when taken from their original threads and timeline don't make sense. But that could be the purpose and intent I suppose.

15. Colour Republic

This is not one big conspiracy to remove posts from public view W2W .

It’s what’s known as moderation. Moderation does not specifically refer to removing only abusive posts, it is there to help the forum flow and become relevant.

If you think I’m being harsh then you should count yourself lucky that me and the other boys have to keep a certain admin member locked in the basement for long periods of time as he has a distinct hate of off topic threads and it if wasn't for us people would have their posts removed, toes stamped and shins kicked!

16. handypainter

Be warned - HE has woken, and HE is in a bad mood :devilgrin:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a thread being closed :sarcastic:

17. wall2wall

No CR, its not moderation.

Moderation is when a person who in his capacity as a moderator splits threads when they view it necessary.

A moderator doesn't delete his own posts while doing so. At that point moderation becomes censorship.

I have no problem with moderation in any form, I signed up to the rules of the forum as did you, but when a moderator deletes, removes, omits his own posts from a thread for whatever his stated reason or others perceived reasons it dilutes the integrity of the forum and those who post in it.

Forum rules should be followed by all, forum rules and etiquette should be governed in a fair, transparent and impartial way by those who govern. In my opinion your actions in this particular case fly in the face of that.

I never stated you were being harsh, you words not mine. I stated my opinion that you deleting your own posts was wrong. So inferences about people being held down have no relevance

Edit to add.

Forum threads and the posts contained within them are like a sentence where every word is an integral component of the sentiments that are being conveyed. Take for example the following sentence. I believe you are wrong. Take any word from that sentence and it no longer has any similarity or context to what was originally expressed.

18. Colour Republic

W2W I will not get in to an argument with you over how this forum is moderated, it is what it is and it is an action I have taken.

As stated before no posts have been deleted, furthermore you would have noticed that my original posts referring to another thread that had info on the subject and then a few subsequent posts which point out that those could not be found have not been removed from the original thread and never were. If you are trying to suggest I have removed posts to that effect then you are wrong and should have looked closer.

Nothing you have said has demonstrated why the few posts I removed should be reinstated to the original thread.

If you think the integrity of the forum has been undermined then that really is quite sad. We can't please all the people all the time.

My decision on this is now final.

19. wall2wall

[/code]

All makes sense doesn't it which was my point in the first place.

20. Colour Republic

I am really not sure what you are talking about anymore.

NO POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED

All posts others and myself have made are still visable.

These posts are either in the sheen levels thread or at the start of this thread. The posts that are now at the start of this thread serve no purpose other than to confuse the thread on Sheen levels and pad it out despite what you may think, I did however leave 3 posts in the sheen levels thread that relate to a search being done. these are post #3, #4 and #5 in that thread.

I have gone out of my way to explain myself to you which frankly I wish I hadn't now.

If you have a problem with my moderation then I suggest you take it up with the Admin team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.