1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My work on Youtube

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by ewingpainting, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ewingpainting

ewingpainting PPS Craftsman

Check it out, what ya think? I just threw it together. I know it's not the best, I just wanted to get something on youtube. I want to start making more so it just a practice one.
    Ewing Painting Gallery

2. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Thanks for putting that up Gabe,
    Great work there chap, love the colours in the bedroom picture. Is most of your work domestic?

3. ewingpainting

Thanks, It use to be about 90%, now that the economy has crashed that went down quick. Now it's 75% commercial. The rest is industrial and residential. However got some deals cooking that will shoot my residential up.

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Good stuff, Gabe  :thumbsup:
    Some nice work you've done there, sir! Did you do the page curl effect?
    I see some of RCP's YT vids and she should be in television with her effects  :notworthy:

Would you consider music on the films Gabe or do you prefer silent viewing?
    It doesn't bother me either way while viewing tho.

I may go down this route eventually to help the website ranking and such.

5. ewingpainting

The effects are in the program, I'm using Adobe Premier Elements 7, about 100 bucks. You just find the effect you want and drag it in between clips, there is probably 70 different transfer effects. It's simple stuff, if you have the right program. I've had it for a year or so, just got to it.
    I'll probably will do sound later, but not sure. I was just trying to throw something together to get YouTubing.

6. mistcoat

Adobe charge crazy money here for their stuff. I would love CS5 Design Premium to play with, but it is £1700. Bit too dear!!!
    Prem elements 8 is £116  here but you do get PS8 with it too. Not bad at all.

Still, that was a cool YT vid, Gabe.

7. ewingpainting

Thanks Tim, IMO it's worth the money for Premier Elements, you can upload to YT from the program. Once I created the video, it took minutes to have it on YT.
    CS5 is a bit overkill for what I would need it for.

8. mistcoat

When I have sorted other stuff out, I may have to see about getting that one Gabe.
    CS5 would definitely be overkill for me too, but I would like a play on it  :biggrin:

9. mistcoat

What 'Category' are you putting our trade under, Gabe?

TIA  :thumbsup:

10. ewingpainting

Educational, that was the closest to our trade. They should have a service category

11. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

you need to break out the "how to" on these vids.  I need to get into this.  The one area I have not done yet.

12. RCP

RCP PPS Tradesman Bar Member

On the category, I use "Howto and Style"
    I like to use Animoto, very easy to upload stills and create title pages. You can add sound and easily upload to Youtube.
    Here is a recent one.
    Erecta Rack

13. mistcoat

That looks real good Chris. Gonna have to take a look at their site.
    How long did that take to knock up for uploading?

Thanks for the Category too  :thumbsup:

14. RCP

Once you have the accounts set up, less than 20 minutes to take the stills from your hard drive to a video on youtube, most of that is just waiting for uploads.

15. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

thanks Chris~!  I knew you knew, What is C-dub using?  I forget..

16. RCP

He and Rory are using http://qik.com. That is more for uploading video from your mobile phone to a site. I like Animoto because you can add stills, titles, effects and sound.

17. mistcoat

Question

Hello Chris, I am guessing you have the $30 upgrade to Animoto. It looks worth it from what I can see,,, is it worth it in your opinion?

I am seriously thinking of sticking some of my stuff up on YT.
    Another question, do you folks over there get much work due to ppl seeing your stuff on YT, or do you just use it as another e-brochure?

TIA

18. RCP

The main difference is the length, the free version is only 30 seconds. But that is a perfect length for a little promo video. You don't want them too long. I think it is worth $30 bucks, I use it for a lot of other things.
    Some guys say they do get work, like from Facebook. I mostly use it for promos or adding to the site. It is great when someone has a question on a process or a product and I can say "I happen to be knowledgable on that, let me show you"
    It is excellent for SEO if you do it right.

19. RCP

20. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

I do need to get into the video.. it will have me on the top of the rankings for sure.. thanks for posting about this chris  :thumbsup: