1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New podcast to try

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Wayners, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

2. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

Loaded ready to listen to Roger The biz Bisby.

Wayners likes this.
  3. Wayners

Episode 3 is good.. They talk about damp amongst other thing... Very interesting

Bobbones and Peter Humphreys like this.
  4. Peter Humphreys

I only downloaded episode ten to start, the latest. I enjoyed it! Easy listening but with a good insight from time served tradesmen, ( though mr Bisby is 50% journalist, and I’ve been reading his stuff in the Professional Builder for years). I have listened to much worse, but that’s radio 1 for you.

Wayners and Bobbones like this.
  5. Peter Humphreys

I’ve been listening to this all morning. It’s made me laugh out loud at least once every podcast, but some really topical, useful, clever issues. I Recommend it highly!

6. Wayners

Just listened to.. Don't tell me the score... Radio 4 podcast.. Interview with Nigel Owen the rugby ref. Brilliant.. Funny. Emotional. Just brilliant...

Peter Humphreys likes this.
  7. Wayners

8. Wayners

Old thread so tagging this on. Brilliant podcast to try called Brothers of the brush. Every week there is an interview with a painter or supplier. Reality enjoy this one.
    Google it on the phone or pc and press play. It's that easy for technophobes.
    Very professional and no cussing that I've noticed. PPS got a mention.

Here is article on it with links.

https://paintingdecoratingassociati...terviews-pda-associate-partner-firm-q1-tapes/

If anyone knows of any good trade podcasts could you mention here. Thanks

puffa, DerekHessett and Bobbones like this.
  9. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Chris Kerfoot wouldn't mention PPS :shocked:

Are you sure you aren't meaning PPM, which is Q1 tapes parent company?

10. Wayners

No. PPS was mentioned. Wasn't that episode in the webpage. I just put that up because was first I found to guide folks to podcast.

Sprayandrun likes this.
  11. thejhd

thejhd PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Two decorators and a microphone is decent too, enjoying the brothers of the brush as well. Met Chris a few years back, nice bloke

12. Wayners

Two decorator's... language timothy...
    However a good listen but not on loud speaker..

13. mistcoat

Find out which episode for me, if you would, Wayne. I'd like to hear it and thank Mr. K (if it was a nice mention) :thumbsup:

14. Wayners

I'm going to have to listen again. I think it was then last one with Vicky. Not sure as I listened to 3 shows. I'll listen again next week..

15. Robjames92

Robjames92 PPS Tradesman

Been listening to 2 decorators and a microphone recently. Been enjoying it to be honest thanks for the mention of it @Wayners I’ll also give the other one a try.

16. mistcoat

I've heard plenty of cussing whilst trying to find the PPS berating on Mr Kerfoot's podcast.

17. Wayners

You want your cuss gauge set by two decorators podcast. Gee. I need calibrating. Trouble is I start cussing without realising when talking after listening, and everything else seems ok when maybe it's not

18. deanthedecorator

deanthedecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I've been listening to this recently. Chris comes across well and the people he interviews are entertaining. I've mentioned in the past if hes short of content I'd join but I'm guessing a)he wouldn't be short of content and b) I'm not much of a big player in the social media and decorating game.

Wayners likes this.
  19. mistcoat

Do you have to be then, Dean.
    I think just being a good decorator should be enough mate. You know the trade, so you're in there :thumbsup:

20. deanthedecorator

deanthedecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

It's the modern world and I'm light years behind. Alot of the people with thousands of followers tend to be the ones used(and rightfully so, as they will get more people listening). I think I'll keep asking in a few months. I'm really boring at times as I am passionate about my trade and love discussing and even politely debating issues in a reasonable manner rather then just name calling wihh happens alot in modern society. Its one of the reasons I love posting here on this forum, tends to be good debates that rarely descend into childish name calling . Used to be good having a chat with fellow painters in merchants but I rarely use merchants now tends to be online or phone orders. Pod casts seem to be a good way to discuss these areas.

Wayners, mistcoat and Jason Gunter like this.