1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New podcast to try

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Wayners, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

Not one for podcasts and the like but going to try and get into them to change what i listen to as its all getting the same these days.Just listened to the BOB podcast with John Coates,bloody good podcast that one i thought.Not much in the sense on picking tips up off them (i too like systems and seems like i conduct myself (business) in very similar ways )but just a damn good chat between two genuine decs :thumbsup:.
    Nice one Wayners

Wayners and mistcoat like this.
  2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I've had a listen to a few of the 2decs1mic (twodecoratorsandamicrophone)podcasts now and I do like them.
    The son swears like a trooper and he openly admits he likes saying the C word :biggrin:

I'll keep listening to it for the same reason as Jason above. The radio is sometimes very boring.

@deanthedecorator Yes, keep on at him to get on there.

Sprayandrun likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Just thought I'd mention.
    I listen to Spotify and podcasts using an old mobile. Doesn't have a sim card in, so I can't stream as not connected to internet unless I'm at home on the WiFi, but that's not a problem. I've set up podcast app to download and update shows in the early hours over WiFi. Recently it burst open as battery swelled up :shocked:. Must be 4 years old. Took a punt and pulled apart and battery was easy swap so ordered one for £10 so now back up and running again. Loads of people have older smaller mobiles sitting in draws that will sit nicely in phone pocket with free podcast app or connected to speaker. Saves the best phone from getting knocked about. Think an old iPhone would be great for this as my old android phone phone is a bit too big for what i'm using it for.

Back in 2009 I downloaded podcasts and music then loaded on old dum Nokia phone. Then I switched to mp3 player and would spend an hour on a Sunday downloading and loading on shows for the week.
    Now it's all automated with app on old spare phone.

Jason Gunter likes this.
  4. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

Didn’t think of using an old phone without the sim ,nice one Wayners

Wayners likes this.
  5. Wayners

I use podcast addict but oh boy are there knobs and whistles in the settings. I've limited to 5 podcasts per episode and can't keep up with all the shows rolling out.
    Downloads at 2am every day automatically.
    Your can set the play speed so with the slow talkers you can increase the speed for that particular show which I have to do, just to try get through the many shows I have. I just can't get through them all though...
    Guess iPhone users just use iTunes?

6. thejhd

thejhd PPS Tradesman Bar Member

Yes I just use the podcast app on the phone used to download but I have too much data each month I just stream everything. Got Spotify as well but prefer to use the podcast app for podcasts, audible have a few podcasts too haven’t looked for decorating related ones on that yet. Noticed there’s a google podcasts app now too

7. Wayners

I use old spare phone for podcasts without sim card in but just ordered
    https://rwgmobile.wales/rates/
    they do a free plan. Might splash out big time on the £1pm plan and really push the boat out. Anyway.. Will give me chance to update new shows if the mood takes me plus spare phone on different network to my current one for better coverage I guess. Can't knock free

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  8. deanthedecorator

deanthedecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

puffa, YTS 83', White Spirit and 5 others like this.
  9. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

I'm old so just listen to the radio. :hysterical:

Sprayandrun likes this.
  10. Wayners

I heard pps member was being interviewed on bobcast.
    Anyone not sure how to listen then click link above and tap play. Turn volume up on phone if needed. Pc or tablet is the same..

Cool though. Might give that ago tomorrow...

Sometimes a bit different if it's your thing.
    True Crime Psychology and Personality
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...rsonality-narcissism-psychopathy/id1496024027

To the point and very interesting although many covered I did not know.

11. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

I did like that Dean! They now have another subscriber.

deanthedecorator likes this.
  12. deanthedecorator

Some great stuff on there. I feel my tiny business let's the side down abit but I enjoyed being on it.

13. Peter Humphreys

But you covered the everyday things that we all think about, it was like a chat with your mates... when we used to go up the pub. Remember those days?

14. deanthedecorator

I said that to Chris after we finished recording. Good to vent about things. I used to like having banter in merchants. But with everything going online and covid that doesn't happen much nowadays.

15. Wayners

You got relaxed and sounded good as it got going. Really enjoyed it @deanthedecorator

16. Peter Humphreys

I have also just listened to the sky news podcast ‘the grey Zone’ about cyber warfare and misinformation. A very good listen too! I even forgot my elevenses.

Bobbones and Wayners like this.
  17. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I keep meaning to listen to this one.

18. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

First time I have listened to that podcast so I thought I would listen to yours Dean, good listen mate!

19. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just had a good listen to that, cheers Dean.

20. puffa

puffa PPS Tradesman

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this Wayners. :thumbsup:
    Really enjoyed your interview Dean. Looking forward to the rest of the content.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2021