1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NI and EIRE

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by decoratingdirect, Jan 8, 2021.

1. decoratingdirect

decoratingdirect PPS Tradesman PPS Sponsor

We've had to suspend our service to Northern Ireland and EIRE. Apologies to anyone affected by this. We're hoping we may be able to restore service, as customs requirements become clearer over the next few months.

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Cheers Max :doff:

Sprayandrun likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Was on TV last night about that.. I wondered about the NI people that order from UK. Think it will get sorted in the next few weeks, so they said...

4. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Surely this can’t be right. Boris Johnson said in the general election campaign to a room full of exporters that there would be no paperwork between GB and NI.

In answer to a question from an exporter about whether his business would have to complete extra forms, Johnson said: “You will absolutely not.”

He recommended that if any business is asked to fill in such paperwork, they should telephone the prime minister “and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin”.

He wouldn’t mislead us would he?

Bobbones, Tomdec and greenpainting like this.
  5. decoratingdirect

decoratingdirect PPS Tradesman PPS Sponsor

It's possible the joint committee might obtain a future long term EU exemption for eCommerce-type parcels to end users (going from GB to NI)... the present system is quite hostile on the GB side... but reading between the lines, I get the sense that 'hostile' may be what GB wants... and anyway, we think there may be no long-term viability for individual eCommerce parcels crossing-borders (long distance shipments).

6. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Got my Vipers and microsilks supply for the year just before Christmas, lucky git:yay:

7. siwel

siwel PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Posting letters not a problem

8. Paddy

Paddy PPS Apprentice Vendor

We have had to switch carriers for our shipments to NI also due the recent changes. Very frustrating on all sides.