1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notification problems

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Buckers, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@ajmdecorators mentioned this in his spraying thread but I didnt want to derail that thread, I've noticed over the last few weeks a lack of notifications coming through.
    Random things but mainly threads I've commented on having more posts and I haven't had any notification, is it another glitch in the system @mistcoat or have you taken the week off and gone golfing again? :biggrin:

None of my settings have changed as far as I can see, anyone else had issues or is it just me and AJ?

2. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Notifications coming through, but not the post itself.

3. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Have also had this a couple of times Mark, thought it was just my pc. Tim has taken the week off not to play golf but to find one of his brushes in the back of his van. :hysterical:

Peter Humphreys and Bobbones like this.
  4. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

I think my add blocker causes a few missed notifications. I do think I'm missing notifications but don't bother me nor will I ever find out for sure... But I've seen posts to threads and I wasn't notified...

5. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

The same story here.
    When checking new posts I'm surprised that the threads I'm watching have new entries.
    I'm using my phone only.

Peter Humphreys likes this.
  6. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I thought the same, but it never bothered me like you lot. I just thought, why trouble poor old @mistcoat when he may of had a long day and finished at 11am :biggrin:

Had emails coming through, randomly, saying blah blah blah has posted but the email had no content, where as it did before.

7. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Hello folks,
    I have altered some stuff around the back end because of the amount of bounced emails we are still encountering. None of you folks who have posted have dodgy emails (I think), it's just I've altered things for now.
    The email notifications you do get now won't have the whole post on them. You will have to click the link on the notification which will take you to the thread.

Those that worry they may miss posts, you won't. All you need to do is click the "New Posts" link at the top of the forum. You'll get a new window open which will show threads that have new posts and it will take you to the last post you saw.

I have a few things to do behind the scenes soon and hopefully all will be sorted. I may go back in time and make the forum black & white :biggrin:

8. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

Can we have sepia?

9. Buckers

Sorry @mistcoat I've mislead you it's not email notifications, it's the alerts that aren't coming through for me.

10. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

To catch Up with Your clothes :hysterical:

11. Peter Humphreys

me too Buckers. and i,ve given up trying to send pictures via phone or tablet. ' File too big for server' keeps coming up.

12. Peter Humphreys

My last alert/notification was Monday.

13. Buckers

Maybe you are quite literally 'not' getting the message Peter! Oh, bugger, maybe I'm not either! :sarcastic:

14. RonyT

I have the same thing and think it's to do with the amount of pixilation phones can now deliver which makes a simple pic a lot of data.
    If your trying to send via your phone or pad, try taking a screen snap shot of the pic (apple is home button and power button together.
    Then, go to you pic that you have just taken and crop it a tad so you just see the pic and then upload that one.
    Works for me.

15. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Alerts have not been touched and should not be affected chaps.

I think it's been forever that the forum has had a set size for images, Peter. Large files can quickly take up forum bandwidth and stuff and we'd be upgrading servers to quickly if we allowed original sized photos.
    It is easy enough to lower the file/photo sizes.

16. Peter Humphreys

I have received the necessary instruction from the tec guru for us olds, Mr @Kevin court.

mistcoat likes this.
  17. Peter Humphreys

Isn’t pixilation banned by the fairy council as deviant?

mistcoat, Redhousepainter and RonyT like this.
  18. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Thats why your pics will now be B&W, war time mail pigeon size and upside down . Apologies to my best pal on here @Kevin court

19. RonyT

:lol:

20. Kevin court

Kevin court East London's best kept decorating secret. Bar Member

Shhh @barry. Was going to wait till the cheque has cleared before telling him.

Peter Humphreys, RonyT and barry like this.