1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painted AVL loom

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by acmasterpainter, Jul 3, 2011.

1. acmasterpainter

acmasterpainter PPS Master Craftsman

At last, :notworthy: she can bring home the bacon and I can explore my feminine side designing textiles and knocking out fab scarves and cushions.

I like Polyvine, but have never really considered emulsion plus varnish as a reliable way of doing kitchen cabinets, always seemed a bit lightweight, but the more I have used the stuff, the more it seems that that could be an unsubstantiated prejudice. I will certainly be keeping close tabs on just how tough polyvine is in the long run in this slightly different working environment .

2. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

looked a very painstaking process Andy,very nice end product thou,doffs hat

3. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

had to laugh when I read your post, nice job btw:thumbsup:

weve got some kind of loom thing dismantled in the loft, looks more like a dismantled bi plane than a loom but thats beech

chelles ex had a thing about spending money and had to have the most expensive of everything. so chelle bought herself a hobby loom as she fancied haing a go at making herself some scarves etc , next thing a lorry arrives with an all singing all dancing loom which was setup in one of the bedrooms till they seperated and it went into storage, its hardly used but she intends to use it when she retires, meantime she set up the hobby loom in my dining room to demonstrate it as she was selling it, and thats why I had to laugh at your post. I gave up trying to understand how all them threads make up the pattern:biggrin: needless to say I wont be interfering with her weaving

4. acmasterpainter

acmasterpainter PPS Master Craftsman

I dont feel so inadequate now that I know I am not the only one baffled by how it all works:smile: