1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painters skin problems and causes, methylisothiazolinone

Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' started by Wayners, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Because shaving foam / gel ect is a wash off product it can contain isothiazolinone so im just stuck at the moment with what to use. I have a electric shaver but don't like it. Any recommendations are welcome and I'll check out the ingredients. My current gel went in bin over the weekend. Ha.. Hands are healing it seems but not holding my breath but no cracking or bleeding so far. Toupret later today but think I'll be OK

2. Lee Anthony

Lee Anthony PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I always wear gloves these days, boxing gloves are my fav. Although there a bit tricky to open cans with.

Tomcio likes this.
  3. Wayners

Well I'm all in on this for general cleaning. Skin friendly

[​IMG]

Tomcio likes this.
  4. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

For all of you with skin problems try this :
    Stop using all sorts of shampoos and soaps get natural bar soap that doesn't have any additives and contains only fat and sodium hydroxide.. Try it for two weeks.
    Many blessings.
    Tomcio.

5. Wayners

I've just got some olive soap for my baths. In shower and at work I use sanex zero liquid soap but I do like a bath with a bar of soap with a dish cleaning brush thing :think::hysterical:

Loads of olive soap about but I've been using this one Savon de Marseille olive soap with Shea butter. It's French :facepalm:ha.
    I shave with it too.
    So far so good. No reactions.

Toupret plays my hands up but things are way better

Any recommendations @Tomcio

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021