1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poncey paint, or paint for ponces?

Discussion in 'Caring for the Environment' started by Peter Humphreys, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

I tried to take the picture of the article in the Mail on tues, no go,
    AT £75 is this the poshest eco paint ever?

F&Bs new eco paint uses soft water from Germany, lindseed oil , what's that!! Chalk, earth, and mineral pigments.

Me thinks ground breaking technology going on here! Prompted by W.H.O report that painters were 40% more likely to get lung cancer.

Seems cheap for F&B.

Just get dustless!

Sam Cameron's mums fave is cuisse de nymphs emue. ('Thigh of the passionate nymph ').:handbat:

(It's pink).

2. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Ooh dear Mr Humphreys is slipping deeper into Barry territory :facepalm:

bagshot, Kevin court, barry and 4 others like this.
  3. deanthedecorator

deanthedecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Ha of any of my customers wanted me to get that I'd just say for that price it's bm or you get some other mug in lol.

Peter Humphreys likes this.
  4. Peter Humphreys

Just you wait till I've finished this bottle of wine!:cheers:

Waynetta and mistcoat like this.
  5. ABDec

ABDec Paint ninja

Think I can beat that price , I use a brand/make called Corical for church's. It's a lime paint but not a wash, hand made in Belgium apparently , fully eco breathable and all that , and yours for just ...... wait for it .....£155.67 + vat per tin!!! schitt the bed!!!!
    The primer for damaged surface or contaminated surfaces ( caked in modern emulshion or other modern paints) is £337.98 per 25kg ( don't as me why it's in a kg not ltrs?) The colour charts is full A3 size and has something like baking paper between the pages to keep them clean or some other thing . Now That is the poshest paint I use and it worries the schitt out of me every time I order it as it always over a grand an order . Also £80 for bloody Caridge!! I have no doubt @Peter Humphreys that I'll end up using the FandB paint as I bet it's already heritage approved.
    The littlegreen is second as thier intelligent mat is 75 quid a tinn to , but it is good stuff to be fair.
    If I get use any of that f&b soon I'll review for you unless you use it first:smile:

6. Peter Humphreys

It'll be a cold day in hell before I use f&b again, hopefully. Those customers will get Benjamin Moore colour cards.

bagshot and ABDec like this.
  7. ABDec

ABDec Paint ninja

Lol Peter .
    If BM could get the heritage mark or heritage approved or whatever is expected of paint company's to get in with the trust groups then I think that would really open more doors for them in the uk . Honestly I think that's why f&b has lasted so long . Like a lot of things now a days hanging on by name and reputation rather than actually being the best . saying all that I use f&b or little green co ( LG is better) most months now and it's ok once your use to it I guess.

8. Peter Humphreys

Clever marketing got F& B where they are. A couple of years ago the aspirational makeover shows, all had tins of their paint stacked stacked in a corner. Subtle but effective.
    Presentation over performance!

RonyT and ABDec like this.
  9. deanthedecorator

deanthedecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

You are correct it's all in the advertising.

I mean dulux is the same clever marketing poor products. I myself prefer a decent finish at a competitive price (not cheap as chips but fair) not lots of advertising and substandard product people are brainwashed into thinking is "the best"

10. greenbank

greenbank PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just seen this -that colour isn't an F&B one, it's actually Edward Bulmer paint, which I have reviewed somewhere on here. It was specced by a designer and to be fair to her it's probably the only decent looking pink I've seen and did suit the job: the other colour shown is verte de mer. Pigmentation is fab but the paint is not without it's issues 20171010_153449.jpg 20170727_154934.jpg

Bobbones and mistcoat like this.
  11. Peter Humphreys

Lovely rooms.... lovely job!

But why are people always too tight to have the cupboard interiors painted. But at least they emptied them.

greenbank likes this.
  12. greenbank

greenbank PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Thanks Peter, it was indeed a nice house. I think I did paint the insides of the cupboards later actually. The handle was for winching the dinner up from the basement kitchen but it would have cost them quite a few grand to put in new machinery so they passed on that sadly...

mistcoat and Peter Humphreys like this.
  13. Simon O

Simon O PPS Craftsman

Could you go into the issues a little more? I'm about to potentially try out some Edward Bulmer paints....oh, sorry you've already done a review I'll check it out @greenbank :thumbup: