1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPS and Facebook?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Welsh Decorator, May 19, 2011.

1. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

Should the PPS have a 'Facebook' page?

What do we all reckon  :scratchhead:

2. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

3. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

yeah,who hasn't ?

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

As if I don't have enough to do during my days and nights  [​IMG]

5. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Oi what you doing in here??? get back over to facebook and get cracking :tongue:cpunch:

6. Welsh Decorator

:lol: Sorry mist, I just thought that we should have a presence there, perhaps Sarah can pull off a few more trips out and we could post the results there as well? :jester:

7. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Yes.............simples

8. TradeDecoratingSupplies

ya C'mon Timmy get it sorted!!! we need to spread the PPS love  :thumbsup:

9. mistcoat

No worries, HP  :thumbsup:

No pressure then? See how things pan out. I'm gonna be busy with stuff over the next week or so, so I'll see how things pan out. No promises mind.

10. TradeDecoratingSupplies

FB is easy, you can get your page done in ten mins, once youve done it & added us all as friends you dont really have to do much you can set your tweets to update on there etc  :winky:

11. mistcoat

Sounds good!

12. TradeDecoratingSupplies

good thing with FB is other  people can do the posting on your thread by tagging PPS  :thumbsup:

13. mistcoat

Whatcha talkin bout Willis

14. TradeDecoratingSupplies

**nothing** Timmy **nothing** x

i'll teach you at Graham & Brown

15. Geecee

Geecee PPS Time Served

yup do a FB page .. .its the hardest one to actually get people following you on though I have found... I find it ridiculously difficult to even get customers who are proper chuffed to like us ..

16. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

hey let me know if you need any help.

17. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I think most on here need help!!! But sadly I also fear most are lost causes :cavelrycharge:

18. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Do we really want all & sundry jumping in here after seeing us on face book or whatever it is called :scratchhead:

Perhaps I am just thick & don't understand these things, but this is a place for painters & decorators to talk 'shop'. Not being a member of FB I have no idea what goes on there, but if it as a load of banter, that is great - do you really want it over here as well?

Tim, myself & Nathan, have enough trouble with people beating on the door wanting to come in, some come here with no manners, they just take all the leaflets without putting a contribution in the box, they just walk in with their dirty shoes on, soiling our carpets, they leave the lights on, are rude by talking amongst themselves ignoring the hosts &  take an uninvited dump thus leaving a smell in the toilets.

Hey ho, that's life I suppose. If I am worng, then maybe someone can explain things?

19. mrjoseleite

mrjoseleite PPS Tradesman

Although I probably fit in the category of not much contribuition I agree that maybe you need to think carefully how you want PPS to evolve. If you grow too much you will loose the current feeling of the place and possibly have all the bitching start as in some other forums.

20. Welsh Decorator

We could just have a 'Like' button, no link back to here, but just have the odd update about the site, perhaps those with sites could link to it?  :dunno: