1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPS Android App

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by R.A.F., Mar 24, 2013.

1. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

I have created some basic android app for better experience when viewing PPS forum, it eliminates the need of resizing in your android browser in order to read posts, best view is in horizontal mode but can be used in vertical too, no video support yet but images are showing fine, once you log in it should log you in every visit, no navigation buttons yet so you have to use links at the top to go back, will try to pack some more features in free time, any suggestions welcome.
    here's download link as I couldn't add as attachment http://www.droidbin.com/p17v2q50bj1rlt1gpq3gc1s885023

2. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

good man, i did say to mistcoat about an app but he must of forgot lol

3. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

a few screenshots from the app
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CheshireDecorator

Raf I can't seem to get it?

5. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

once you follow my link click " Click here to start download from sendspace"

6. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I'm speechless RAF!!!!! :doff:

7. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

it's far from perfection but main thing is that you don't have to resize every time to read posts which is annoying, will keep working on it when I'll find some free time, please report any bugs or errors as I only tested it on S3
    might even put it on android market when I'll be fully satisfied with it lol

8. CheshireDecorator

Got it mate, did you just do this of your own back? Class mate

9. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I'm on the iPhone so can't take a look but thank you for taking the time to do this Sir:nodyes:

10. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

I might try to make an iphone version too but it's been quite a long time since I had an iphone so would not have where to test it, anyway I'll see what I can do :scratchhead:

11. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

I haven't installed it yet but the screen shots look the biz!! Resizing was always a pain in the azz! Good man!!

12. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Same as Colour Republic, thanks for taking the time and effort, RAF :thumbsup:

I don't appear to have an issue with reading posts on the SIII though.
    I'll stick a screenshot up tomorrow.
    I usually read the forum in horizontal and it appears to sit nicely :dunno:

Hopefully we'll get more responses tomorrow :yes:

13. Oregandec

Still waiting on my S3 Tim but on xperia had to keep zooming to read! Loaded fine though pics and all! Will try this in the morning, phone dead but have app in dropbox now!

14. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

I know, s3 has quite a big screen, however the text is still quite small and depending on your sight and distance you might need to resize it a bit to make it more visible, I've tested it in the browser and in the app it seems to have bigger text which makes it easier to read, it might be that I'm blind but it can be an issue if you have a phone with smaller screen, only problem now is to make videos working properly

15. Oregandec

Happy days! App installed and running perfectly in landscape! :thumbsup:

16. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

Tried downloading it on my S3 and it wouldn't work. Good idea though!

17. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Fantastic sir :yes: truly great effort.

I'm trying the app now, but it seems a bit laggy when typing. I'll reboot

18. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

If it wouldn't install at all, then go to Menu-Settings-Security and then choose to Allow installation from unknown sources.

19. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

R.A.F, what type of security has that App? Reason I ask is I'm on an Android and at times when I'm on this site particularly when I'm replying to a post the whole touchscreen seems to go into slow motion as if I'm sharing my connection, happened loads of times yesterday. Would your App help alleviate that problem.

20. R.A.F.

R.A.F. PPS Tradesman

typing from the app just now and it seems to work fine for me, as I said it may be not perfect yet and I will try to resolve all issues