1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPS Discount Scheme

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Colour Republic, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Of course it is. So whilst keep on suggesting retailers like DD also suggest any manufacturers you'd like. In fact some of the deals already done are direct with the brands.

2. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

Think if you read my comments in post 2 and 5 of the below thread it should show my comments historically were never negative to matters such as this, quiet the reverse in fact

http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=3803&pid=44221#pid44221

3. Colour Republic

As I said before please PM me if you want to discuss it further.

4. kirk

kirk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I think it would be more then useful to try and seal a deal with manufactures of sundries more then tools. As this stuff would always be in demand more then brushes/ sanders/ rollers etc :scratchhead:

So say a direct deal with toupret would be ideal

A caulk brand? I'm not sure on which brand does not have many problems so would let other deccies decide?

Mirka for standard sandpaper/autonet/abranet etc

and maybe tesa tapes or something for masking tape? again I'm not sure on best masking tape's available

Surely with these type of suppliers on the scheme it would follow to more savings in the long run then say Proform for brushes? :scratchhead:

5. stevewestern

stevewestern PPS Craftsman

From what little I know, I would think that getting one big supplier onboard, such as Decorating Direct and letting them know what products we would like to see them stock would be better than trying to get various individual manufacturers involved.
    As one who doesn't need to buy a lot of materials and tools I can struggle to put together a big enough order to avoid postage as one place sells product x that I want but another sells product y - one central supplier who is willing to try stocking various products that we suggest would be of greater benefit to me, and I imagine to the rest of us. It gives them buying power as well as us.

6. FreshDecorators

FreshDecorators PPS Craftsman

Hmmmm....

Well while this is a good idea and I don't mean to be negative, I think you should obviously credit me with the WHOLE idea and rename it the following:

PPS (as first thought by FreshDecorators) Discount Scheme

Once this has been corrected I will be fully behind it :winky:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

If you could sort something out with Volkswagen, Lavazza and maybe Subway that would be good too

7. Colour Republic

You're certainly one of the reasons the idea was brought forward rather than being sat on the shelf being poked at waiting for the right time.

A timely kick up the arris:thumbsup:

8. wall2wall

Well said you +1

9. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Sorry w2w :no:
    This was spoke of long before Fresh mentioned it :yes:

Apologies Fresh :thumbsup:

10. wall2wall

Spoke of and acted upon as Fresh did with the sanders mistcoat or just spoke of?

11. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Do we really need to go into a debate over this?

12. wall2wall

Actually no we don't.

13. kirk

I back the subway discount scheme :biggrin:

14. brushmate

brushmate PPS Tradesman

Just to back what everyone has said , its an excellent idea. :thumbsup:

15. B Richardson Decorating

B Richardson Decorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

16. AndyClassOne

AndyClassOne PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Any chance of having a word with Lidl? I just luuurve their walnut cake :hysterical:

Seriously though, what a cracking idea and fair play to the brains behind it :thumbsup:

A source of Mirka and assorted sundries would be good for me, and maybe a Festool dealer might be dragged kicking and screaming into the scheme?

17. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

So I see that Decorating Direct is now a sponsor, good work guys. Now just waiting for the discount news! :winky:

18. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Thats great about dec direct and a big thanks to everyone who arranged it. Im still to scared to order from there though.

So much stuff on there debit card wont handle it..... :lol:

19. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Can everyone see the ads on the right hand side of the page?

If you can't, even after disabling any Ad Blocking software/plugins, could you please pm us stating which browser you're using, thank you :thumbsup:

20. kirk

Works in google chrome on macbook and safari +1