1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private messaging

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by barry, Sep 4, 2016.

1. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Evening all... I use an iPad . I have noticed that some advice given on here re the actual workings of the forum seems sometimes to not apply re iPads . With that in mind....... How do you do ' private messaging' . I've looked hard and can't see any obvious route. Any suggestions please ?

crj likes this.
  2. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Not 100 % of this. Is it the same as a conversation with only your selected choice of person ? If it is I got it by tapping your own title (in my case grumpyvandriver ) on the top dark blue line, by the inbox and alerts.
    Then tap conversation in the menu selection and put in who you want to send your message to. I hope this helps. But I am not the best on tech issues. Probably better instructions available from others though.

3. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

If you wish to start a Conversation (PM) with a member straight from a post of theirs in a thread > touch their username and a new window opens up > touch "Start Conversation" from within that new window (which is that users brief details) > that will take you to where you can start the conversation.

If you wish to start a Conversation (PM) just from the main board (homepage) > look to the top right of the forum header (white area) > touch your username to show a dropdown menu > look for "Conversations" and touch that to open your Conversation area showing previous chats you've already had > near the top right look for a button saying "Start New Conversation" and touch that > that will take you to where you can start the conversation.

If you are in the forum homepage and touch "Inbox" (look to the top right of the forum header (white area)) that will show a dropdown menu showing your last 3 or 4 Conversations. You will also see at the bottom of that dropdown "Show all..." and "Start a New Conversation".

All exactly the same as it is when your on your desktop!!!

barry and G-Dec like this.
  4. barry

And folks there is a perfect example of why this forum is so flipping' good... Because we have two chaps running it for us who selflessly give us their time completely free.....MistC and CR. Hats off to you both. Please a look at his reply to my query, the detail the man has put in . Thank you , both. Now get yourself your Horlicks and get up the apples and pears, or you'll be late for work!!! But to be serious , thanks for all you do for us.

5. mistcoat

@barry I say that man +1
    Don't thank us yet, try out the explanation first and if it works, then thank us :biggrin:

Anyway, Beer Tokens are the best thanks we can get. We can collect at the paint show don't you know [​IMG]

Colour Republic likes this.
  6. barry

The PM did work ,thanks. The first one, straight from a post. Beer tokens it is.... At the P&D . And remember, P16 is getting the b' fasts in for all who are present . Don't forget.

Tess Rigby likes this.
  7. mistcoat

Cheers @barry :doff:
    Poor old Kev is going to have a large breakfast bill this year :biggrin:

barry likes this.
  8. barry

@crj ....good evening pal.... had to ask... as you have set a record for me.... adding a “like” to a 2016 post (No1 above) What on earth were you doing so far back with such a minor matter ?

Wayners likes this.
  9. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Evening Barry, I've absolutely no idea :huh: Think I remember reading the post, no idea why I 'liked' it or even read it tbh, wonderfully florid prose though it was :smile:

10. mistcoat

Saw this thread was highlighted as a new post and the PPS phone box glowed Kryptonite green and I thought, oh crikey, @barry is in trouble. I am needed [​IMG]

Buckers, Wayners, bitzz and 4 others like this.