1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Stained Glass craftwork

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Aggie, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

I suppose I could have started a new thread, However, just had a call from a guy who bought a house off a customer of mine.
    It was about 10 years ago, I had made some stained glass panels for a front door & the guy rings me up {Sunday afternoon} & tells me he has just had a break in & the panel I made for the previous owner, is all damaged & could I repair it. The previous owner left about 9 years ago, but left my number with the new owners.
    Yes I can - could I just pop out then? No I can't - next week I am afraid. Well, we are trying to sell the house & it doesn't look very nice :dunno: :yell_: :lipsrsealed:
    So, going out tomorrow night to remove the panel, temporary board up opening, bring the panel back to workshop, strip out the broken leads & cut some new glass if I can find any to match. Re-make part of the window & cement all the glass back in again. Take back to customer, take out temporary boarding & re-fit repaired panel. The job is 15 miles away, so 60 miles round trip.
    I am looking at £250.00 for this. :eek: :eek: No it cannot be repaired in situ, as the panel has to be flat, soldering can only be done whilst the workpiece is flat.
    Sometimes, I wonder why I bother. :angry:

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

£410.00

3. Aggie

After much buggerance & my disgruntled manor, I have now almost finished this job. I went there last night after work, took the panel out. I have repaired it this evening - photos attached for your interest. Total time 4.5 hours. inclusive of travel.
    [attachment=1029] [attachment=1028]
    [attachment=1030] [attachment=1031]

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      119.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      95.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      94.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Aggie

Last two completed....

These photos have been re-uploaded, becasue they were lost from the forum software upgrade

[attachment=1032][attachment=1033]

Attached Files:

5. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks like a very good match from the pics :thumbsup:

Wouldn't mind having a crack at that myself (groan), purely for interest purposes rather than offering it as a service. :thumbup:

6. mistcoat

Another one bites the dust. Good job Ag  :thumbup:

7. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

this is something else im able to do but dont push it

8. Aggie

http://www.painterspitstop.com/index.php/topic,303.0.html

I split this topic. click on the link above which will show you some of the other leaded panels I have done in the past. I don't push it either, I just like to dabble with different stuff to broaden my knowledge. I have another one to do over Christmas break - six little panels for side windows in a victorian porch - nice little number to go & escape to whilst there is bugger all on TV.

Thanks for your positive comments :thumbsup:

9. Aggie

Right, they are in now, thought I would post the finished pics of the situation. Turned out to be a good job after all & in spite of my moaning :sarcastic:
    I was paid in full & given two bottles of wine & thanked for my kindness :talktohand: :talktohand: :notworthy:

10. mistcoat

Looks better now they are fitted. Good result then, Ag.  :thumbup:

I hope the ppl didn't lose too much in the break in.
    Bring back public flogging  :yes:

11. mikethebrush

mikethebrush PPS Master Craftsman

looks nice aggie :thumbsup:

12. Aggie

They were very fortunate, luckily, they had double locked the latch & used the mortice deadlock as well, so just smashed my window.