1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really enjoyed

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Ngeraghty, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Ngeraghty

Ngeraghty PPS Master Craftsman

This is a redec of a old one

a certain amount of filling was needed

[attachment=4330]

No cardboard as I had just ripped it up after kicking a kettle of water over it:oops:

Attached Files:

2. EddieKavanagh

EddieKavanagh PPS Master Craftsman

Right with you on the Toupret red,
    I recently started buying the pre-mix and the red is def not tight enough as you say but the blue is brilliant for fine filling

3. G-Dec

G-Dec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Superb Neil, love that colour.

Did you paint that one with the doors still hanging or removed? Think you said you favour painting in situ don't you?

4. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Lovely looking job :thumbsup:

nice colour as well

5. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Very nice mate seen it on Facebook the other day!

6. MrHarriDec

MrHarriDec PPS Master Craftsman

Top job Mr G :thumbup:

7. Ngeraghty

Doors on

No reason to remove doors unless hinge dictates

Also, once off you to find a place to paint them, then move them, chance of damage

Painting them flat is a big no no

8. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

Admired this one on fb the other day, love that colour too! Why are you so against painting doors on tbe flat? Dust settling??

9. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

Lovely job. Why LG Intelligent Eggshell?

Have you tried the Dunlop equivalent of Redlite? I think it's pretty good. Pity the Redlite has changed, I'm still using an old tub, and still love it.

10. Ngeraghty

Yeah dust settling, even after dry, you get a film, if you wipe it, it leaves a mark

I just think the safest place is hung

11. Ngeraghty

Paint is usually chosen by designer

I will use any paint, never an issue, unless I have heard bad things about from people who I know will have done the right prep. So it will only be a failure of the Paint

Never tried redlite, is it a lightweight filler?Don't use lightweight fillers.

12. EddieKavanagh

EddieKavanagh PPS Master Craftsman

If you had carte blanc on LG paint choice for a kitchen would you go for oil egg?

13. Ngeraghty

No

I have painted kitchens for best part of 25 years and up until 2009 would only use oil.
    What with the changes in oil and the massive improvements in w/b, will only use w/b

In my opinion you get a better finish, it is as hard wearing and the working area becomes safe very quickly

I have used little Greene oil, albeit not through choice, managed to get that company to switch to w/b. I don't like the way the pigment lays

I have, of late used on kitchens
    Earthbourne eggshell. W/B
    Mylands flat. W/B

Tik' feelings satin albeit in a different guise. W/B
    Little Greene eggshell W/B

All good

F&B a fav of mine but last time I had the drying issue. So not so keen

Oh yeah, also Dulux diamond eggshell again no real dramas with that

14. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I found that the FnB (a favourite of mine too) is extremely sensitive to residual oils in the underlying layers of paint. What I mean is in my own kitchen I scoured the wood with meths, sanded, applied a coat of Zinsser 123 and found I had a stickiness / drying issue around a couple of the handles with the FnB egg WB. It is now extremely faint and hasn't caused a lasting problem. But just putting up a caution for its use in any kitchen that has been using a deep fat fryer etc.

15. snag list

snag list PPS Tradesman

Top, top job ! Looks mint.

What filler are you using there mate ?

16. Ngeraghty

Hello Snag, I'm a lazy git

So I'm going to point you to post 7:winky:

17. snag list

snag list PPS Tradesman

Haha, found it ! Cheers !

I use that stuff on walls, not tried it on wood, must give it a go.

Gonna get meself a tub of the blue stuff too.

18. dimmaz88

dimmaz88 PPS Master Craftsman

Hey neil, you want to get a load of dirty's new post (OMG). You might learn a thing or two :winky:

19. Ngeraghty

Well, I always knew it would come to an end:sadguy: Time to move on and do something else.

20. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Great work there:smilie: When you were painting your kitchens with f&b which did you use the Estate or Exterior eggshell? Ive been doing some new-fit kitchens recently and the company im doing them for insist that the Exterior is used. Just thinking to myself is this really necessary?