1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent external spray work form the past week

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

A few before an after pictures of some of the work completed over the last week.

Attached Files:

Waynetta, andyfloss, 3 spires and 6 others like this.
  2. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Please remind me of your spray setup Michael?

Michael W likes this.
  3. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely Job, and you had the weather too.
    Look F A B

Michael W likes this.
  4. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Hi @Gazza compressor set up mate, Devilbiss gpi primer gun in 1.8 and Devilbiss gti prolite in 1.3 setup for top coats, this is the setup we use for most external applications, a few other guns and bits we use in the workshop for different items.

Thanks @Daf I appreciate your comment mate, yes thank goodness for the better weather, we are so far behind schedule due to the poor weather that lasted so long, we intend to make hay while the sunshine, with many full exteriors to be done and composite doors coming out of our ears let's just hope the summer is long

Michael O Connor and Gazza like this.
  5. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Cracking job yet again @Michael W.

All solvent based again?

Michael O Connor and Michael W like this.
  6. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Great workmanship, it’s always a pleasure to see you and your teams work. Clean and crisp.

Buckers likes this.
  7. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @Buckers yes again all 2 pack solvent all products are Selemix or Lechler.
    —-
    Thank you @RonyT they are some very kind words I will indeed relay your compliments

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2021
  8. Hary

Hary PPS Apprentice

Lovely job, nice to see PRO:smile:
    Solvent based paints have nicer finish. But the weather ends today

Michael W likes this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Hary yes I am definitely a solvent kinda guy, love the finish, the durability and the quick drying. Yes weather is looking bad for the next week so we will be back in the workshop on kitchens and Verometal

RonyT likes this.
  10. RonyT

Is that the metal stuff ? Had a conversation with a potential today who was looking at getting a metal look finish on some cabinetry and they mentioned Verometal.

11. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Good evening @RonyT yes that is the stuff, it as absolutely amazing mate, the possibilities are endless and only limited by the imagination, it is an absolute pleasure to work with and very very satisfying.

It is 95% metal suspended in a polyester binder, it goes rock hard and is super durable the other great thing is, it has to have some polish work done so if you get the odd nib it comes right out.

Buckers likes this.
  12. RonyT

Thank you @Michael W, will take a peek at stuff on line tomorrow. I take it is a 2k system ? Set the solvents/wet stuff and add metal "dust" ?

13. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

@RonyT yes mate it is a 2k polyester, weigh out the binder, weigh out the metal powder then mix together then 2% of the binder weight only in activator which is a peroxide hardener then mix that in, only 45 minutes pot life before it goes rock hard mate

RonyT likes this.