1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent kitchen respray

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

White high gloss kitchen, finished in Renner PE and PU. No more high gloss for just over a week now!!! Looking forward to some satin and matt finishes for a change.

Attached Files:

3 spires, Robjames92, Puma and 5 others like this.
  2. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks good !
    What did Stephen think of it ?

Teho and Robbie uk like this.
  3. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

4. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nah Stephen Hendry !

5. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Oh yes forgot the family name plate on the wall above the door hahaha very good @grumpyvandriver :lol:

grumpyvandriver likes this.
  6. Yorkshire Dec

Yorkshire Dec PPS Tradesman

Look ok - only joking looks fantastic!

Michael W likes this.
  7. Marylee

Marylee PPS Tradesman

I bet the owners were delighted! It just looks brand new.

Michael W likes this.
  8. Robbie uk

Robbie uk PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Awesome job, looks brand new !!

Michael W likes this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

10. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Wow. That looks really really average.

:biggrin:

Fantastic job there @Michael W :notworthy:

11. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Lovely job again fella, I bet everyone including you was very pleased

12. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Another top notch job @Michael W.

I'm really warming to these gloss finishes again!

13. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

RonyT, Buckers and Daf like this.
  14. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks fantastic. Brand new kitchen. Love to know what products you like to polish it all up.

Buckers and RonyT like this.
  15. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Good morning @ahenrypd so we use p1500 Mirka microstar to cut back and remove any little imperfections then p3000 Mirka abralon or 3m trizact (whatever one we have in stock) which we use wet to completely flatten the surface and remove the scratches from the 1500 grade, then we use a rotary polisher from indasa with a Roar extreme foam pad and Roar 610 compound, then on to a softer foam pad with Roar 620 extra fine polish then when all the scratches and swirls are gone and the gloss is like a mirror we use another soft pad on the polisher with Roar 730 speed gloss detailing spray just to add depth and that final bit of clarity and gloss as well as making it have that silky super smooth feel. I was considering on the next high gloss one in a couple of weeks, setting up a go pro and making a time lapse video so customers can see exactly how much work goes into getting a high gloss finish and understand how much time it consumes.

Had a lot of enquiries off the back of all these high gloss kitchens but a lot of potential customers can't understand why it is so much more expensive to have a high gloss finish over a matt or satin off the gun finish but then some do and they don't care they just pay the money for what they want. So if I do I will post some clips of the process up with a visual on all the products we use.

16. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Michael W - Great idea setting up the Go-Pro just to show prospective customers the level of workmanship, knowledge, material costs and time it takes to get the end product that they want.

Michael W likes this.
  17. Craig-B

Craig-B PPS Apprentice

What a great turn around, you would easily think that is a brand new spanking kitchen, great work:thumbsup: