1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recently completed Hall,stairs and landing 150 yr old farmhouse.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by B Richardson Decorating, Nov 21, 2012.

1. B Richardson Decorating

B Richardson Decorating PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Hi, thought i'd show you one of the latest projects i've just completed,(while you lot were busy enjoying yourselves at the paint show !!)

Stripped and ready for the prep.
    [​IMG]
    Bad water stain led to discovering chalky distemper under paint so strip all off , wash and Gardz!
    [​IMG]
    Below dado was finshed in Lincrusta RD1967 Gothic.
    [​IMG]
    Had a mare with the dado off a country mile , really should have had new dado installed but client happy with this.
    [​IMG]
    At long last the paint was applied ( around 7 days from start !)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Client very happy with the outcome, as was I :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

2. CheshireDecorator

CheshireDecorator PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Great work mate love those jobs

3. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

A very fine job indeed:thumbsup: well done:good2:

Like the colours {not the gloss woodwork, but that is just me}Be nice to have had a colour wash / glaze & wipe in slightly darker shade for below dado - just my opinion.
    The stair spindles............black is great, what did you use, I noticed it was a matt black:thumbsup: Maybe talk them into having some gold highlights on the ornamental leaf features {subtlety of course} to tie-in with the yellow theme for the walls. & break the harshness up.
    I like the ceiling lantern light too.

All great work:coolbubble:

4. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

What a transformation! If a HO needs convincing the worth of a professional decorator then these pictures show it

5. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

A really nice colour scheme as well. The stairs from black to white the spindles back to black and whilst i'm not a big fan of bright yellows, in that property it looks fantastic, the whole thing has been lifted massively and looks spot on.

6. Frosty

Frosty PPS Master Craftsman

Very nice finish. :thumbsup:

Posts like this keep me going when all I seem to get is a run of maggy splash n dash jobs, lol.

7. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

very nice transformation Bazza

Attached Files:

8. B Richardson Decorating

Many thanks :biggrin:
    To answer your questions..I agree re the lincrusta but was down to the clients tastes on that , yeah international matt black , not sure if the gold highlights would work that well, as looks lovely in the flesh and can pick all the features of the spindles to the naked eye.Should have taken before pics as was really dour and uninteresting!

9. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Very nice outcome, Mr. R +1
    Another fine job completed. I too like the yellow tone with the black spindles.

10. RCP

RCP PPS Tradesman Bar Member

That is lovely! Just curious, I realize there will be a carpet runner on the stairs, but why not finish the stairs? Is that a common practice?

11. MattEvs

MattEvs PPS Tradesman

Top notch, really like that. Fine work for your portfolio :thumbsup:

12. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

That's really lovely work. Can you give us a quick list of the materials you used?

13. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Excellent finish and the overall look is fantastic, superb job sir :doff:

14. rogerb

rogerb PPS Craftsman

Great job,im working in a cramped attic/bedroom at the moment and envy the space you had in that staircase,Lincrusta looks good and colour scheme fits perfectly .

15. B Richardson Decorating

2 young kids is the answer and using oil paints !!
    [hr]
    Hi chaz, mostly dulux , vinyl matt for walls and ceiling, satin woodwork and toupret , zinsser ready patch and easyfill for fillers.

16. B Richardson Decorating

Oh almost forgot this little addition was added on at the end , small bathroom with Osbourne and Little wallcovering , striking i love it:biggrin:
    [​IMG]

17. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I love that finish paper looks awesome! Another fine job Baz!

18. M J Guest Ltd

M J Guest Ltd PPS Apprentice

Good work with the Lincrusta on the staircase - did you "grow" the pattern, as it looks higher than 914mm panel height to me!? Have you done the Lincrusta Advanced course?

19. Jeremy T

Jeremy T PPS Tradesman

Wonderful looking job , I've never personally put on Lincrusta , but i just love the look of the stuff , real class:smile:

20. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

Top class job! Love the colour scheme!