1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roller sleeve fast cleaning

Discussion in 'The Review Centre - reviews of tools & products.' started by mick partington, Apr 18, 2021.

1. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

who's got one, thinking this bit of DIY is maybe worth the effort I for one hate cleaning roller's should be real easy to make and cheap anyone already using one of these perhaps bought a branded one, I definitely had one of those you attach to your drill but its lost, not bothered prefer this anyway

Waynetta, andyfloss and Tomcio like this.
  2. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Poor ant:sad:

Waynetta, andyfloss and Wayners like this.
  3. andyfloss

andyfloss PPS Craftsman

Brilliant, hate cleaning rollers aswell.
    College had one similar to that during my apprenticeship!! It opened up to take 12" roller. I've looked everywhere I can for it.

@drwaynerstein Make us all a roller washer! :sarcastic:.

@mick partington If you get round to making one, please put review up.

4. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Made one but not really sure if it saves anymore time. Used a hose connection at the top of the rigid pipe.
    It can be just as quick to use the 5in1 roller scraper/cleaner and a roller spinner.

andyfloss, bitzz and Tomcio like this.
  5. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

Washing machine is mine these days ,going to run water to the garage this year so i can have a janitors sink in there along with a washing machine so the misses can stop moaning :sarcastic:

6. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

Mrs stop moaning, what! That will work? I don't believe it :think: @Jason Gunter if life was that simple :hysterical:

7. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I’ve got to get some sort of set up in the garage as I don’t have any water supply to ,had a proper sink set up in me old house ,and only been here a month and it’s driving me mad not having one ,seen one or two good ideas on you tube ,there’s one call the rocket for cleaning out rollers that looks good

8. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I’m still holding the patent for “pop then into the washing machine ,30* cotton wash “
    Obviously I dont charge PPS members for use of this patent :yes::friends:

9. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

still think the washing machine is a bit brutal , that's the wife I'm talking about when she finds out :huh:

10. Wayners

That's it then. Wrap um up in cling film and post to @barry old wishy-washy:jester:

11. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

Now that spring is here I will opt for putting the hose jet on a propped up roller and cage in the garden... waters the lawn too.

12. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Gives the garden a bit of colour to it too.

13. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Better than brown grass for a change :biggrin:

Jason Gunter, Tomcio and ahenrypd like this.
  14. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Loved the “old wishy washy”....Which panto was W W from? You and I could get a double role in a Panto. It would be ,say, two highway men, The Long And Short !.... bags me this Morecombe and Wise line....”Its a lovely day to be out”
    “ Yes ,it is, .... why dont you leave it out ?”

KLHTim, Peter Humphreys and Wayners like this.
  15. Jason Gunter

Happy wife ,happy life :rolleyes:

Let her think she`s boss :winky:

16. Jason Gunter

Just a quick 15 min spin for my sleeves,20c jobs a good un

barry likes this.
  17. Wayners

I've said this before but.
    Quick swill in water so use a bucket of water and rubber gloves. Don't scrape them :facepalm:
    Plastering bucket with cheap washing power tablet for 24h and then spin out in the bucket.
    An hour or so with a bit of washing softener helps them stay soft and fluffy and another spin. Bung in boiler cupboard to dry out in winter or van cab in summer

£10 tesco drill and attachment works for me

18. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

It was Aladdin.
    Are you sure it wasnae... two old men sitting in deckchairs and one says to the other, “it’s nice out”! And the reply (never aired) was, (yes, but put it away there are two old ladies coming”.

barry and Wayners like this.
  19. Wayners

[​IMG]

Washing powder tab last night so a quick wash in clean water this morning then a spin

20. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just throw it in the washing machine when the wife is t around :sarcastic: