1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sales forum

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by mrjoseleite, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Nobody sponsors PPS at this moment in time.
    Whatever route we go down, we will be in control of the situation for your benefit.

It's early days yet anyway but things are being spoken about in certain areas.

2. TradeDecoratingSupplies

TradeDecoratingSupplies PPS Master Craftsman

from a supplier point of view I agree. I think it would cause more problems - its not a sales site afterall, i do get sales from here - but I choose to spend my free time on here because i enjoy it and im a terrible paint bore according to long suffering husband, i enjoy the interaction & the learning & helping where I can.

Say I was allowed to advertise on here freely - this would upset other vendors & thats not a position I would like to see PPS in, its open to everyone but its down to compaanies to invest their time.

Ive already said to Misty should the costs of running the site get too much i would quite happily become a sponsor, but i would like it to be discreet in a corner where no one would really notice, i hate the advertsing on UHM - and that was the compant we were born from. advertisin ruins sites, i think we have the right balance here

3. mistcoat

You personally,,, TDS or Travis? :biggrin:

4. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

very versatile answers from both parties, arrr so nice to see everyone speaking from the same page, but yes i see the pit falls much clearer now exsplained, thankyou. SO whens it going to happen lol......

5. TradeDecoratingSupplies

my time my decision end of. no one else from TP or TDS is gonna spend the free time I do here.
    you wouldnt want corporate tds or tp here anyway you wouldnt get spoilt with deals

They would pay for it though of course....

6. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

You're all in trouble when Ag's wakes up:nodyes: I can feel his 'Off Topic' sheers coming out!

I know it's vaguely related but sponsorship is a different matter.:thumbsup:

It's really a discussion on whether a private for sale/wanted section of the forum is worthwhile setting up and if it would be used by members? At this point I can't see it would be beneficial to have suppliers offering their lastest deals in it. More members trying to sell their unwanted tools and surplus materials:good2:

7. TradeDecoratingSupplies

so back to my old Purdy rollers before the police awake?

8. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Who's purdy rollers? Yours or TDS's?

9. TradeDecoratingSupplies

ummmm when was the last time you saw yellow end cap purdy roller frames .....do the math Rob, my own of course theres someone over at bibs whos been looking for em, id rather give them away than chuck them. ffs.

10. mistcoat

Just so's you know folks, the For Sale/Wanted section notice board has been put up in the Clubhouse.
    Please read the Sticky before making a sale or wanted notice.

Please note, it is for trade related items ONLY - between painters and decorators ONLY :yes:

We hope you find it of use. Cheers :thumbsup: