1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sample for tender

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Michael W, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Just made this sample to tender for a job for a local interior design/shop fitting company, if it hits the brief and they like it, we will get the job putting this finish on two large bartops of a newly refurbished boutique hotel.

Attached Files:

Tomcio and cpb like this.
  2. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Thats different.

Michael W likes this.
  3. cpb

cpb PPS Craftsman

Good luck, make sure you charge well for your skills.

Michael W likes this.
  4. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thank you @cpb I will have my fingers crossed and hope they like it, especially as it is a really good money job.

5. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

What material is this? I like it:doff:

Michael W likes this.
  6. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Is that the liquid metal stuff but painted?

Michael W likes this.
  7. Michael W

Michael W PPS Tradesman

Thanks @Tomcio it is Verometal in copper.
    I am not the best with a camera so the pictures don't quite do it justice, the camera can't quite pick out the warmth and depth of colour and finish that the naked eye can see.
    The product is copper metal powder suspended in a polyester resin spray applied, textured, then this sample has been bought up with various grades of wire wool then finished with 3000 trizact to leave a satin type finish.

The copper has been specified by the client for a few reasons.
    It is trendy and fashionable.
    The warmth and depth of the colour, especially sitting atop of walnut built bars.
    And finally this copper is naturally antimicrobial so an uninhabitable surface for bacteria to live on, not antiviral though so won't make a difference with things like covid.

The only issue is we have informed the client that the finish would be better to be clearcoated, this is because if left to the open air the finish will start to oxidise like copper does and go very dull and start to patinate so will need polishing from time to keep looking fresh. We have specified a clear matt 2k with added silver ion additive so the bartops remain antibacterial.

RonyT, Tomcio, Buckers and 4 others like this.