1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sikkens doing its best

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by chris spence, May 6, 2012.

1. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Hi lads not been about for awhile but still doing things my way and grafting hard inbetween the commerial path ive strolled down i did a bit at a contractors house for a change and used a few products but in this one the Sikkens really worked out for me and i think did a great job on some old timber,70 years i think maybe more but anyway still keeping my hand in :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
  2. Andrews Decorating

Andrews Decorating PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Looking good Chris:nodyes:
    What Sikkens product did you use?

3. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

Yeah, I'd love to know too!:smile:

4. tjbelfield

tjbelfield Decor1st.com PPS Painter Bar Member

if its dry my money s on az!

5. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

Haha, yeh definitely with that sheen level :lol:

6. chris spence

yep that was taken about half hour after but it retains the sheen and looks as is right now brill Sikkens wouldnt use anything else really as far as oil gos and yep its the AZ :thumbsup:
    This one of the stair rail is dry as i did that day before but compare sheen levels and that my friends is why i use it..

Attached Files:

• 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
  7. LadyPainterDeco

LadyPainterDeco PPS Tradesman

Nice one, shiny shiny....have you tried the Mythic Products?:thumbsup:

8. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That certainly is a nice level. Shamed to say tho', I have never used it, Chris.

9. charliebudd

charliebudd PPS Master Craftsman

I definitely want to try AZ, see how glossy I can get a front door.

Actually, maybe Chris just Coverstained everthing and sprayed them with water for the photo, you never can tell, can you? :winky:

10. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

Probably had the buffer going with some compound, and it's really Dulux blue lid! :hysterical:

11. Andrews Decorating

Sikkens guessing game round 2 ... What finish is this?[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awqlIM8vL-s[/video]

12. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That's a "nice" finish, Laurie. That's what it is :thumbsup:

13. tjbelfield

xd by any chance mr andrews! did an indian restaurant last year in az (cheap sods lol) ended up doing the thai restaurant next door (a bit more classy ) in xd defiantly has an edge over az! also got caught out with frost at night on the final coat and to my surprise when i checked it next day it was superb:rolleyes:

14. tjbelfield

i see you cut your free one tuff in half! great for this:nodyes:

15. Andrews Decorating

I just folded it! They are awesome for doors.
    Its nearly fresh Satura Plus, had the 'now dont worry it will look a bit glossy to begin with chat:lol:

16. chris spence

Well glossy is what glossy is but no matter the paint its even glossier when the Rotex 90 buffer hits it with some gloss care by festool aswell, i dont just look after the decoration i leave the customer with nothing to do but appreciate the finish and give me more work !, housework lol :winky:

17. chris spence

Rotex 90 and festool gloss care !:thumbsup:

18. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

Fair do's, I was only kidding about the buffer, but if it work's, then why not! :thumbsup:

19. Fingers

Fingers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Why dont Sikkens call their paint something other than weird codes etc?...I can never remember whats what...

20. pd67

pd67 PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

While everyone is in a sikkens mood I have a question. I can't get mythic, Annie Sloan or little green up here. The choice is dulux or crown and possibly sikkens for a price. The majority of my interior work people want eggshell/satin usually white, even though i prefer slightly off white.
    As I am trying to embrace the future and be prepared for the revolution, I want to start using a water based eggshell and wondered what you think of the sikkens Rubbol BL Satura and primer?
    I have used the oil based but it seems to take too long to dry.