1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sikkens Windows

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DerekHessett, Jul 30, 2011.

1. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Just about tied this up, just the windows were done they were in a real bad way! gunned all them back to wood then they had 2 prime & undercoated then finished of with Sikkens Rubbol Satura Plus. Really got to watch that stuff can run really bad but the finish is brilliant:biggrin:! Sorry about the picture quality just had my phone on me at the time.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

I like the satura plus - it is quite viscous & sometimes difficult to brush out.

So.............what brushes did your choose for your weapon of application?
    You state you stripped them all, so what system did you use for primer & UC?

I nice job there Derek, lovely finish. Have you tried the Satura BL waterbased fro interior trim etc?

3. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

I totally agree with you there Aggie, a used silver tips to push The Satura around, good firm brush. i was surprised to find all the wood was in great shape considering half the paint had fell of!! They got 2 coats of Crown Acrylic Primer, Followed buy Crown Full Undercoat, I always had good success with them down first the full undercoat covers great:thumbsup:. No i haven't tried it yet how does it hold up?

4. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

again loverly skill with brush dereck i have just sourced satura for a job im doing on exterior windows , im just waiting for the dry seal to arrive from repair care.[hr]
    dereck are those inges on them sash windows, at the top ?