1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small hand painted kitchen.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by mistcoat, Dec 18, 2015.

1. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Totally forgot about this and putting up the return visit with the new colour which was Little Greene's Whitening (41) mixed up using @HolmanPaints Helmi Matt.

The client had carried out applying lots of sample colours to completely make sure they had the right colour this time around. Unfortunately for me, they had applied it directly onto the painted kitchen doors I had finished a few months prior (see image below).

client has applied own test colour using a bass broom.jpg

This was amongst the worst of around five doors they had tested on :biggrin:
    Had to sand down using the RTS 400 thru the grits then face fill using some Toupret RM fine surface filler.

The rest of the job was all the necessary prep as regards to another wash down as it had got quite grubby in a short space of time, surface protection, furniture removal, hinge numbering, masking etc. Then a light sand to key up and apply two coats of Helmi Matt in the said colour of Whitening (41).
    Setting up the Erecta Rack from MyPB is always a pleasure as it always creates a talking point and it is such a useful tool in kitchen painting.

Anyway, click the photos below of the finished job after the colour change. The lady of the house is over the moon, needless to say, so is the husband.
    More work to follow within the house from this job after this project.
    Happy days!

erecta rack.jpg hand painted kitchen-whitening 41-little greene-helmi matt-frindsbury-april 2016.jpg whitening 41 from little greene mixed in helmi 10-holman paints-handpainted kitchen.jpg hand painted kitchen-panoramic view-whitening 41-little greene match-helmi 10-kent.jpg

2. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work Tim, wish I got more kitchen to do, used to love doin them!!

mistcoat likes this.
  3. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Tim, may I be as bold to ask how long it took you to do ?
    the reason being I have a similar one to do an estimate and it will be my first one
    cheers Chris

4. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Another quality job sir :doff:

mistcoat likes this.
  5. mistcoat

@bitzz I let round two go on for three days :winky:

Bobbones and bitzz like this.
  6. Tess Rigby

Tess Rigby PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That's really nice!

mistcoat likes this.
  7. HolmanPaints

HolmanPaints PPS Apprentice Vendor

Nice Job Tim - Great to see your work and glad your customer is happy:smile:

mistcoat likes this.
  8. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Still looks good mate:thumbup:
    Accommodating customers mate,to allow you to advertise on there kitchen hood.:smile::smile:

mistcoat likes this.
  9. mistcoat

:hysterical:
    I hope to return there for more work elsewhere in the home. I must remember to peel that off +1

stevy likes this.