1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Cranberry Cocktail.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by mistcoat, Mar 11, 2019.

1. LMDec

LMDec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Thanks mate, I was literally just messaging the customer to tell her about Optiva 5! as for me it’ll be just as durable & for that price it’s a no brainer. I know BM paints go a long way but 3.79 litre tins will be eaten up very quickly on the wall area I have to cover. Good to hear you’ve had a good experience with the white. Thanks again

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I've never used it in white TBHWY, so couldn't say. But judging by other lighter colours I've used it has been ok for flashing. Obviously the filler ought to be spot primed.

Nobody has called back regarding durability issues so I'm thinking all is good on that score too.
    I'd plump for Scuff-X in the h/s/l area if it's a busy house.

LMDec likes this.
  3. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Cheers mate. Yeah that's why I thought I'd mention it. Obv BM paints are great, but as you say with doing a big area the cost could soon add up.

On a seperate note, on the same HSL job I've just finished I used BM ultra spec flat for the first time in a bedroom. Looked solid after one coat. Was really impressed with it.

LMDec likes this.
  4. LMDec

LMDec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Thanks for the reply mate, think the material cost could get scary with BM all over on this job. Expect I’ll settle with Tikk on ceilings and walls but not budging on BM trim :shake:

I was really impressed with ultra flat too. Probably the only paint I’ve ever touched up & not been able to see the touch ups in any light!

mistcoat and crj like this.
  5. mistcoat

@LMDec No worries, you use whatever paint you wish to. Go with Optiva 5 as @crj says though.

6. mistcoat

I should add to your question...

Not very easy in the back of my van :biggrin:

bitzz and RonyT like this.
  7. stevio 62

stevio 62 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work @mistcoat
    How do you find the scuff x on the woodwork compared to advance satin/matte?
    Be interested to have your opinion

8. mistcoat

Thank kind sir :doff:

I like the Scuff-X on woodwork and have had compliments. Especially from a lady whose daughter visits with her dog. The dog likes jumping up on the window board. She says it hasn't marked it at all.
    However, I feel it could look nicer but, I put that down to brush choice maybe.
    So far have used an ABC Monarch from Homebase - its alright in Advance, but a bit ropey with Scuff-X
    Then a Fossa Viper which is much better but, I want to try it in a Corona and a Purdy. Mainly a Purdy as @Dellboy uses them and he is getting amazing finishes on his hand painted kitchens with Purdy.

Scuff-X on walls is blimmin good :yes: