1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squares

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by aaron61, Jan 17, 2010.

1. aaron61

aaron61 PPS Time Served

what are the green yellow & red squares & whats the difference in how many

2. TooledUp

TooledUp PPS Master Craftsman

I thought you were talking about toy building blocks for a minute there Aaron  :biggrin: 

I think you mean the ones on the left underneath your name?

You get one square when you join, two after your first post,  3 after 100 posts, 4 after 250 posts and 5 after 500 posts.

That is unless you're on the staff.  Green is a global moderator - They can moderate any board.  Blue is a moderator who can be assigned to just one or more boards and red is administrator.

3. aaron61

aaron61 PPS Time Served

Tooled,Did you put all this together? If you did I think you are in the wrong business

4. TooledUp

TooledUp PPS Master Craftsman

It's not rocket science to set up a forum really.  The hard work is when the scripts need tweaking like when an addon throws up errors etc and it won't uninstall so you have to do it manually.  I suppose it's time consuming to get the forum exactly as you want it to work and you do need at least some knowledge of its inerts and probably a bit of the phpmyadmin workings when you're using it for a public forum. 

I've been building web sites since the 90's - I used to do it in the Winter months when work was slower.  I did built some for direct clients and did some freelancing too.  Over the past few years though my Winter months have been real busy and at the same time my Internet/PC work was getting just as busy.  It came to the point where I couldn't do both and I had to choose.  As much as I love sorting people's computers and building web sites, I decided to stick to what I really know best.  I still do dabble around with web sites for people but on a very limited scale.  Web technology is advancing at a tremendous rate just now and keeping up with that alone is probably a full time job. 

So if something breaks here you can blame it on me!  :biggrin: