1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staircase spraying

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by lone furrow, Jun 22, 2014.

1. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

nice work mate, job well done. :thumbsup:

2. Rdubya

Rdubya PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Perfect thread to bump I guess....

I've got too many spindles to do on a upcoming job and they are currently stained very dark so I'm looking at a good few coats and I'm dreading the monotony...bout 7 doors a floor too.

Seeing as this thread is a few years old any recommendations for a sprayer to pick up for such a job?

Yes, I realise I sound a bit clueless...I do have time to buy something and get some practice in at home on multiple projects so I will have a chance to give it and me a good test before a paid job and it's something I'd like to have in my arsenal going forward.

Cheers.

3. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

4. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Richard Whittle

For me a Wagner 3500XVLP would be your best and affordable option here. Use with the fine finish head which you can change to dot pattern for the spindles.
    It's not the best for spraying flush doors as it can leave dry spots which will drive you nuts.
    Perfectly fine for eggbox doors once you get the hang of it.

I did a large HSL that had 158 spindles and I think I'd of gone round the twist if I'd brushed them.

Here's few links where you can read up about the use. There's some good tips from other PPS members on this.

http://www.painterspitstop.com/threads/wagner-xvlp-3500.7963/page-41#post-181143

http://www.painterspitstop.com/threads/never-sprayed-before.9634/page-2#post-163364

Rdubya, Buckers and crj like this.
  5. Rdubya

Appreciate it mate:notworthy: - just happens to be the sprayer I spent the evening reading up about...just scouting about for prices..best I've seen so for is £420 which would pay for itself on this job alone.:thumbsup::doff:

6. Rdubya

Well I bought one from my local...hope to have a play with it at home in the coming week

RonyT and crj like this.