1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supply chain bottlenecks...

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by decoratingdirect, Apr 6, 2021.

1. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Don't pity the fool !

20210408_192528.jpg

Bobbones, RonyT and Yorkshire Dec like this.
  2. LMDec

LMDec PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Brewers, B&Q & wilko is gonna be like the Black Friday sale in Tesco soon :sarcastic: 10L of white super cover pissy paint for £4.50 bring it on!

3. grumpyvandriver

grumpyvandriver PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Swansea CDC only had 10 gallons of White Masonry in stock, ( that was between Stronghold, High Cover and Extreme Exposure. Thankfully no Mcphersons in that) I bought the lot as I need 30 gallons for my next 2 jobs, they have been waiting over a week for delivery which doesn’t turn up when expected. No bases for some colours in Masonry, V Matt or Clean Extreme. Sent email to my rep to see what can be done and if he she will phone around other CDC’s to try to muster up some more.
    A little worrying as summer exteriors hasn’t really started yet.

4. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Same down here. All my lounge, h/s/l and kitchen ceiling jobs will now be done in textured masonry for the next three months :biggrin:
    When the masonry shortage comes along back end of August, all exteriors will be done in Contract Matt :thumbsup:

Don't worry folks, I will add some PVA to the Contract Matt for longevity :cool:

5. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Customer - Materials cost?
    Decorator - No one knows but it usually ends up in rapid blinking, or low level swearing depending on stock levels.

Peter Humphreys and barry like this.
  6. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@decoratingdirect
    Went to order some more Den Braven Caulk and it's out of stock :shocked:..... is that permanent or just a "blockage" issue ?

7. decoratingdirect

decoratingdirect PPS Tradesman PPS Sponsor

Yep, sorry. That's one of them, we've been waiting for new stock, for just over 2 months, and eventually ran out of our buffer stock a couple of weeks ago. But the GOOD NEWS is the Anti-Crack came out of production last Wednesday, and we expect delivery some time this week, or early next week.

8. decoratingdirect

decoratingdirect PPS Tradesman PPS Sponsor

Anti-Crack caulk arrived back into stock yesterday.

Sprayandrun, Painter16, RonyT and 4 others like this.
  9. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

But hurry up as they only got 2 tubes

Tomcio likes this.
  10. Sprayandrun

Sprayandrun PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

@Painter16 you forgot to mention one thing their may be 2 tubes, but no caulk in them.

Painter16 likes this.