1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread stickies

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by wall2wall, Mar 24, 2013.

1. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

On a recent thread http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=4232&pid=50397#pid50397 in the Wallcoverings section I made the following post,
    As you and everyone else know Colour Republic, I don’t hang Non Woven coverings so there was no selfish interest on my behalf in requesting a sticky for the benefit of other people who do hang it. You later on the thread replied with the following
    Which reading between the lines means you don’t think it’s necessary, and as no direct reply was given or action taken I think it’s safe to assume that? Is there any reason you don’t think a sticky would be beneficial when others quiet clearly think it would be?

It clearly can’t be too hard or time consuming to create a sticky as up in the pit stop you banged out a few in quick succession in the form of polls one of them for yourself when your deccies skipped off to France or someone swiped your tools (can’t remember which) and you wanted opinions on what you could replace them with. I was just looking at them this afternoon for comparison to my request and coincidentally I see now you have just updated them tonight, good to see them active again.
    or suggesting

Is there a criteria that needs met for a sticky on a thread and if there is what is it? Or does it depend on who it is that’s requesting the sticky.

2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

You're going to have to stop assuming what I do and don't think just because I don't reply to a post or thread it seems.

In order for a thread to be made sticky... There has to be a thread. Seeing as there is no thread on the subject it can't be made sticky, quite simple.

Sticky threads do not have to be started by mods or admin, they can be started by anyone, yourself included. A thread is then made sticky if a member of the mod or admin team think it would be beneficial to members to do so, threads can also be made sticky if a number of members request that it is, In which case we'll listen to those members and do so.

Please note though that stickies can be un-stuck if the thread becomes stale or other newer threads are more deserving of prime place at the top of a forum. We wouldn't want a situation where there were loads of stickies at the top.

By all means start a new thread on the subject and if it becomes popular then of course we would make it sticky.

3. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I've just checked back on that thread and notice your post suggesting a sticky thread received a number of 'thanks'. If you create the thread I will gladly make it a sticky for you.

4. wall2wall

wall2wall PPS Master Craftsman

Just done that, thanks.

Yes I did make that assumption in this instance, so full apologies extended for my mistake.