1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today I have been papering Elephants, Parrots, Leopards, Hummingbirds and Flowers!

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by 3 spires, Apr 14, 2020.

1. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

A bit quirky but fun!

20200414_155739_copy_768x1024.jpg 20200414_155801_copy_768x1024.jpg 20200414_155746_copy_768x1024.jpg

Old Head, Robjames92, matt and 17 others like this.
  2. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Is that your own gaff mate?

3 spires likes this.
  3. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nicely thought out where to end and begin that paper , height wise that is. Always bugs me when deccies decapitate an animal cos they don't put any thought into whereabouts on the pattern to start hanging it from (or where the bottom finishes for that matter ).

Even more impressive when you had four different types of animals to potentially decapitate yet they're all unscathed :thumbsup:

Tomcio and 3 spires like this.
  4. 3 spires

Yes this ones a new build! the painting isn't the best had to sand the carp to all surfaces to get a decent finish and sprayed the woodwork, but the wife loves the paper, to be honest the photos don't do it justice as alot of the print is metallic!

Yep @crj I always work out mainly on the prominent part of the pattern I think the pattern is the most important part can be challenging on corners to keep the animal intact and not decapitated especially then the corners out of plumb!

Bobbones, crj and RonyT like this.
  5. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

It's,diff,mate

3 spires likes this.
  6. Jason Gunter

Jason Gunter Sea Fish magnet Bar Member

Not my cuppa tea that :rolleyes:,but cant fault the hanger ,spot on pattern placement there :thumbup:

7. lone furrow

lone furrow Angel of the East

Very nicely done 3spires :doff:,

3 spires likes this.
  8. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yeah I spend ages planning the pattern out too, especially when it's the whole room I'm doing. There's usually a bit of a compromise somehwere along the line (often due to the manufacturer's poor design) but looks bang on there.

3 spires likes this.
  9. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Yes very nicely set out. I’ve recently had a big spike in paper hanging, all I used to do in the 90,s. What I do with setting up pattern is unroll the paper on the floor , then use 2 pieces of skirting board acting as ceiling & floor to see how pattern looks on wall.

10. 3 spires

The worst bit was the manufacturer (German) didn't include soaking times and the paper expanded quite a bit so timing had to be bob on, I do admit I am slow at paper-danging pattern papers but its worth a extra hour to get it right.
    20200414_165853_copy_768x1024.jpg

11. Gary scott

Gary scott Tradesman Bar Member

@YTS 83' good idea regarding the peace’s of wood il use that . It’s not always possible to have everything prlerfect amd intact . Like ya say @3 spires walls can be out ceilings can drop so not always possible

YTS 83' likes this.
  12. Bobbones

Bobbones PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Nice work mate. I did a rasch a few years back.. it loved a bubble... friggin stuff. Dried out spot on over night though...:doff:

3 spires and YTS 83' like this.
  13. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

That looks lovely @3 spires :thumbsup:
    Last Rasch paper I hung was a nightmare due to it quality.

You made a great job of it :notworthy:

3 spires and Bobbones like this.