1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorian dining room.

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by Waynetta, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Waynetta

Waynetta PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

First F n B (swear box added to ) in years. Apart from an odd smell and a bit of coverage issue with Wimborne White I’ve been quite happy with it.
    26D0A8E2-189C-418C-B5C6-2DF462BAB0D9.jpeg
    1EEED1E5-CEEB-4AED-A8B5-29BB8BB47327.jpeg
    2021A1D6-1E22-4B6D-A913-D3102E0F0587.jpeg
    09138CF1-7BB9-4290-82C6-6D38A8BDD007.jpeg

Kevin court, Robjames92, Daf and 11 others like this.
  2. Buckers

Buckers PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks good that @Waynetta, best the client was well happy.:thumbup:

Was it wallpaper on originally?

And what's the floor protection please, I dont recognise the name on it and was it any good?

Waynetta likes this.
  3. crj

crj PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Looks great

I've been quite happy with f and b of late , Wimborne White is a mare in any brand tbf. Is it Hague blue on walls, did you use their wall primer / undercoat

4. Yorkshire Dec

Yorkshire Dec PPS Tradesman

Looks grand. I recently used f&b on a country farmhouse conversion in school house white (I think that's it's name) it's basically their version of magnolia. Took three coats where a regular brand paint would have been two all day long, not a strong colour change. Cost the customer £90 a tin plus extra labour on third coat.
    The water based eggshell in the same colour on the woodwork went in two. Again not a strong colour change. Decent enough stuff.
    Apparently the new f&b colour charts don't scan great under other manufacturers colour scanners often resulting in an inaccurate colour match. It's a deliberate ploy from f&b to stop people picking their colours and using other manufacturers to supply the paint. The old style colour charts with the more raised colour squares scan more accurately.

Michael O Connor and Waynetta like this.
  5. cpb

cpb PPS Craftsman

Looks great, love the colour, what is it? How many coats did the walls need?

6. Waynetta

@Buckers floor protection s from Crown. Called Taktec. It’s ok but not that sticky. Prefer Packex. Customer was over the moon. Added three more rooms to add to the list including kitchen units and the Exterior next year. lining paper on all walls but only removed off walls in that alcove. Rest wasn’t too bad, just the odd seem to glue down.
    @crj colour was Inchyra Blue. No primer on walls but did a test patch to make sure no blistering (which I’ve had before with F n B ) and passed the fingernail test next day.

Buckers likes this.
  7. crj

Ah right. I've got same colour in my own hsl so should have recognised it ! I used it in opt 5 though. It's a great colour.

Re wall primer, I used theirs recently and not only did it add an extra coat due to the primer , the primer was darker than the topcoat . So it added an extra topcoat as well whereas just 2 coats without primer would have sufficed it ended up being 4. Good old Balls !

8. bitzz

bitzz Born to fish. Forced to work Bar Member

Netta, @Waynetta looks like you got a bloody great paint snot the door on the last pic. :hysterical:

Nice looking job by the way. :thumbsup:

Waynetta likes this.
  9. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

Did I spy Haftprimer @Waynetta?

I buy pigment and tint it for jobs like these I use James White quite a bit and add Ochre kind of a mustard colour and it only takes one topcoat.

Nice job:thumbsup:

ahenrypd likes this.
  10. Waynetta

Yes mate you did spot Haftprimer. Used it over 4t which I made good the dodgy plaster and mapping in the alcove.

11. Waynetta

More green than blue isn’t it? Or does it change quite a bit in different light.

12. RonyT

RonyT PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Tidy @Waynetta, very tidy Sir.
    Old Vic places always give me the collie wobbles as you know there will be a lot of chit below the surface.

Waynetta likes this.
  13. crj

Yeah I'd say it's mainly green in natural light but does change more blueish under artificial light.

Waynetta likes this.
  14. Daf

Daf PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That’s really lovely, love the colours too

Looks spot on @Waynetta I bet they were happy indeed, I would have been too!

Waynetta likes this.