1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wagner XVLP 3500

Discussion in 'Spray Painting' started by Dan Baker, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Does the spray blow up much dust when floor boards are exposed as in your picture. Will you use spray for the rest of woodwork?

2. Dan Baker

Dan Baker PPS Tradesman

I vac'd the place out after the other trades had gone for the day. so there wasn't much... anything that was blown was blown away from the stairs anyway.

I'd like to use it on the rest, but the job site and time doesn't really allow it. floors have been fitted in some rooms before i've had a chance to paint, no time to take doors off etc...

Started another house today and i'll be using it to do all the doors (20), skirting & stairs. (House empty no carpets). Will let you know how it goes:smile:

3. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

nice Dan thanks for sharing them hundreds of spindles are looming large now only a week away and iv still not purchased, think i,ll hire as still not sure what to buy and would like to know how much better yours is compared to the wallperfect spray iv got in the loft ? just wondered if you have an extra pair of footwear so your not walking that overspray paint all over the place ?

4. Dan Baker

Dan Baker PPS Tradesman

I am speaking as a complete novice to spraying and spray guns. That's why I went for the 3500. It looks simple and compact.

Even going from standard to fine is a huge jump. - the fine is far more controllable. I practiced on a stick outside to get the right air/paint and then fiddled on the fly.

I was bought a Wagner wall perfect? (long lanced thing) and I used once and sent it back and it kinda put me off spraying. This is good though.

Cleanup with WB is about 10-15 mins, but I think I'm probably being fussy with it.

As for shoes, I was only in the work area so didn't bother... Do have those pretty blue shoe covers in the van though. They look good when pricing jobs. ?

5. Paent99

Paent99 PPS Apprentice

There's a wagner 3500 on ebay ending tomorrow. Reserve hasn't been met yet tho ?

6. two-tins

two-tins PPS Time Served

I have looked at that airless too and would also be interested in an update.

7. Gazza

How are you getting on with your wagner 3500, just bought one. I would appreciate any advice on use and what masking tapes etc you use

8. tjbelfield

tjbelfield Decor1st.com PPS Painter Bar Member

For masking iv tried the lot a box at a time and nothing beats the kip stuff, kip yellow and pink for trim/walls kip 180cm and 30cm papers, kip white for geral masking tape, kip 1600mm and 2600mm pu film, packexe carpet protector 100m roll or prodec carpet protector is thicker for floor protection. 3m is ok, trimaco is ok tesa is abit too thin for spraying.

You ll not go wrong with any of those products they perform regularly for me.

9. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

I like Tesa Tapes, but I always go back to KIP if I'm honest.

10. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Think someone put a video up on here compèring kip and tessa not long back:biggrin:

11. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

HELLS BELLS George think you've got that stiring stick out again!
    Car crash time!
    :headwall::headwall::headwall:

12. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Who me na ya got me all wrong mate :winky:

But I do like tessa tape the best :thumbsup:

13. Gazza

Anybody help me with spare parts, i'm after the feed tube filters (coarse-white) for the xvlp 3500, can you only buy from a wagner retailer?, I cannot find anywhere to buy them online!!!

14. Frosty

Frosty PPS Master Craftsman

Gazza, try at Crown, they were selling the Wagner unit previously.
    Alternatively Brewers should do them I'd have thought.

15. tjbelfield

Yorkshire spray services are the main Wagner dealers in the UK 01274 606666.

mistcoat and Bobbones like this.
  16. Gazza

Was going to give them a call tomorrow anyway, they're very near to me

17. Jam Buster

Jam Buster PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Just bought the Wagner xvlp 3500, seems a well put together tool to me, not used as yet though , but looking forward to my venture into the world of spraying -

5year warranty if you register the product, which I thought was decent warranty.

Whilst researching, found a video of what looks like Titan's version of the wagner 3500 xvlp....seems to be the same beastie :dunno:

TITAN Flexspray (wagner lookalikey :winky: )

thanks to all who've posted about spraying very helpful :thumbsup:

18. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

The Titan looks a good bit of kit as well or is that the AC/DC riff in the video, easy sold me :headwall:

A side by side review would be interesting to see the differences between machines but it seems that Titan have just copied Wagner, bit like the Japanese copied the British cars in the 70s but they improved them and at least they work!

Hope to see your comments on your Wagner Jam Buster
    :thumbsup:

19. Dan Baker

Dan Baker PPS Tradesman

Unless there's something hidden inside - These two machines are identical. It does say in the video that that technology is patented .... to who? Titan or Wagner?! :tongue:

As an owner of the wagner, It'll be interesting to see the difference in cost for spares - no-one seems to sell any for the wagner right now.

20. tjbelfield

Wagner own titan so id say its the same, titan s a big name in the states. All the Wagner stuff is well designed and built.
    There some really good ideas coming out from them, Graco are well marketed and do some good stuff but it does nt compete with the Wagner stuff in design or build.