1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wagner XVLP 3500

Discussion in 'Spray Painting' started by Dan Baker, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Frosty

Frosty PPS Master Craftsman

TJ, nowhere directly. I've just seen it mentioned on a few YouTube vids and couple suppliers talked about it when I approached them about extraction and spray booths.

It's more to do with 2pk and highly volatile paints/lacquers with vapours.
    Just something to be aware of though when using solvent based and creating very fine spray particulate.

2. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

i have a question maybe a stupid one, is there any similarity between the xvlp 3500 and the wall perfect with the fine finish end attached ? ,

i could ask a spay shop but there interest is selling me more kit right , and im not overly impressed with the wall perfect tbh which i feel has to much blow [is designed for walls right] so not sure about committing another £500 to wagner .

3. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I wish I had got onto this a few years ago. It must make a huge difference. I've had the floor turn into a paint-skate ring a few times in the past.

4. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

1st stupid question..how would you clean it after using bin? Had a look at the manual & it says don't use flammable liquids? I would class meths as flammable!!

5. tjbelfield

tjbelfield Decor1st.com PPS Painter Bar Member

It's the fine stuff that lands on your work Puma but the extractor pulls it out if you leave it on 20 mins after you be sprayed. I didn't expect them to be that cheap too.

6. Jam Buster

Jam Buster PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Do you mean this bit - they don't want you to soak "The ventilation hose and diaphragm are only solvent resistant to a limited extent" certain parts with solvents, but I'd say you can wipe them clean with a cloth dipped in solvent.

Also it says "Do not spray flammable materials for cleaning purposes" meaning I think, don't go around with a pot full of meths or similar spray cleaning the odd door, cabinet etc

mistcoat likes this.
  7. YTS 83'

Thanks jb :thumbsup: now I've re-read it makes sense. Just me being thick in the 1st place!!

mistcoat likes this.
  8. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I bought the Flexio 580 mate, to get me out of trouble for doing a load of fancy cornice.
    I paid around 80 notes on a special on one of the selling channels,done the job ok would not fancy painting a room with it. :no::no:
    Done a couple of doors with the perfect spray attachment and some radiators, and got to admit was not bad. I would say its more diy.
    It saved me paying out over a hundred pound to fix my Graco A15 battery hand held sprayer, which i bought of jonnos for around £250:censored::headwall:

http://wagnerflexio.de/eu/?locale=en_GB

9. stevy

stevy PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

10. mick partington

mick partington PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

thanks for reply stevy so i think your saying the wallperfect with fine finish attachment off the xlvp 3500 is not equivalent to owning the xlvp 3500 which is a more professional set-up altogether :thumbsup:

11. Jam Buster

Got this ceiling to do in the next couple of days...1st paid spray job with the WAG 3500.

been testing out on various test pieces, getting more confident with every use...but not done any clear coats or anything overhead, so this is a first.

They want a natural matt look, clear finish....I'm sure it will be quick with the sprayer, but not sure what to put through it....

Any recomended's for a non film forming, sprayable clear matt - Osmo's maybe ??

20150923_142200.jpg

20150923_142231.jpg

cheers

Jb

12. Gazza

Gazza PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Have a look at www.paintmaster.co.uk, I used some of there waterbased clear preserve, great stuff, good price. Very little change to the timber fencing I sprayed and minimal sheen level

13. Jam Buster

cheers Gazza, interesting I'm looking into it

Gazza, did you spray with wag3500 or something else ?

14. Puma

Puma PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I came across some new technology for paint - HALS additive which stops wood from yellowing so much, and found International Compass varnish was the only system available in the uk which contains HALS and UV blockers - the tests I saw looked pretty impressive for colour retention so if you want the wood not to yellow with age the product might be worth considering, but the actual coating is slightly amber.

15. Gazza

I actually sprayed it on with a wagner paint crew which was OK for what I was spraying. I suppose the issue you may have with your wagner is youre going to have to keep topping up your pot. I have the wag3500 also, which pot will you use? What you doing for access for that job mate?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  16. Jam Buster

Crackin info that mate - just googled HALS etc.. :thumbsup:

I've got used to the fine spray, so will just try that - bit slow but find it very controlable and don't want too much overspray.

Your right about topping up though, think I'll just see how I get on - I'm working on a small platform

17. Gazza

The wagner paintcrew was ok but quite a lot of overspray was produced.

18. YTS 83'

I'm having problems with mine. Only use the fine spray. When I'm spraying vertical it works great, but when I turn the head so it sprays horizontal 1st pull on the trigger it splutters out big blobs & does it every time I stop & start. A right pain!! Anyone else had this problem or know how to make it go away:scratchhead:

19. tjbelfield

tjbelfield Decor1st.com PPS Painter Bar Member

Mine is different to yours but i think they work in the same way if so Sounds like your pulling the trigger too quick, pull the trigger too start the motor let the pressure build then fully pull the trigger. If you pull the trigger to quick there s no pressure at the air cap straight away so it spluters.

Bobbones likes this.
  20. YTS 83'

Thanks for that :thumbsup: will try it out next week, cheers.