1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall paper stripping and repaint part deux..

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by n8r, Apr 22, 2010.

1. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

2. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Another lovely job there n8. I like the wall colour - perfect with the natural wood :thumbsup:

3. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

Thanks mate.  It is nomadic beige.. IIRC.  Yeah it looks good.  Both these jobs took 3 days apiece to do.  I cannot figure out how to make em go any faster due to dry times with the mud and primers..

4. TooledUp

TooledUp PPS Master Craftsman

Yeah nice job n8.  I'm with Aggie on the painting over previously papered walls though - Especially if there's a lot of them.  I prefer to put lining paper on them and then paint.  It reduces the risk of any paste residues crackling up over time and saves a heap of washing/sanding :smile:

Nice turn around on that one mate  :thumbsup:

5. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

This one I had to do different than the first one.  I stripped the first layer off.. then the second I washed all the crap off (glue, tiny bits of paper) 1 whole days worth.. and then waited for it to dry (with industrial fans) and high build fast dry oil primer over it. Then the next day came in did all the patch work, sanded and reapplied the mud and caulked seams of ceiling/walls and in corners where the paper was joined.. this was needed because there were large cracks in alot of areas where the ceiling met the walls, the 3rd day Sanded, PVA, tape off, sprayed ceiling, then rolled & cut the walls.  3rd day was the most intense work wise, but it all takes what it takes.  I am glad I didn't have to stretch it out to today.

6. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Another one bites the dust, n8  :thumbup:
    Shame really, that old wallpaper was lovely  :no:  :lol:
    I like the new colour. Looks even better against the front door.

12/10 for that one, n8.

7. n8r

n8r PPS Master Craftsman

yeah that original paper was dead sexy no?!  :hysterical: