1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We’re doooomed

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Painter16, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Painter16

Painter16 PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Don’t panic don’t panic,rang BM to order some aura exterior,pm1 satin ,sorry no can do won’t have any bases for that for around 3 weeks ,starting the job wens,were dommmmed I tell ya we’re dommmmed,I’ve just kicked the cat and we ain’t got a cat ,:facepalm:

2. Colour Republic

Colour Republic PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

I blame Trump.

Painter16 likes this.
  3. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

:scared: Could you try other BM stockists? Was it next doors cat?

Tomcio likes this.
  4. YTS 83'

YTS 83' PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

It could be be worse, you could have really sold it to the customer & said it’s the best thing since sliced bread & it’s all I ever use.. you didn’t do you? :biggrin:

3 spires, bruntonpasty and crj like this.
  5. barry

barry PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

That is smart thinking AH .... 10/10
    Did they say why Kev?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2020
    ahenrypd likes this.
  6. Painter16

Because peps doing more outsides at mo due to COVID they carnt keep up with the demand for it
    They all in same boat as slough supplies them

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2020
    ahenrypd likes this.
  7. Tomcio

Tomcio Brush Navigator Bar Member

Just recieved Aura Exterior from MRCB Dublin.. perhaps you can shop abroad @Painter16?

Painter16 likes this.
  8. Painter16

Ermmm :blush:
    Bet RonyT can get it only being 10mins away

9. Painter16

Would have kicked there’s if they had one but they don’t

10. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Same as you Kev, ordered last week only to be told two weeks

Painter16 likes this.
  11. White Spirit

White Spirit PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Does the customer specifically want a satin finish @Painter16 ? The Low Lustre is a nice finish if they’ve got any of that in stock.

Painter16 likes this.
  12. Peter Humphreys

Peter Humphreys "it's a paintbrush, not a wand"! Bar Member

Don’t the Chinese do a version yet?

Tomcio likes this.
  13. Painter16

No mate satin ,don’t think they had any of low lustre ,I can get it in quarts but to expensive that way

14. Simon O

Simon O PPS Craftsman

If you're in the market for an alternative Futura Aqua 80 by Teknos has worked well for me - no lifetime guarantee, but hey! you can't have everything. :biggrin:

Sprayandrun and Painter16 like this.
  15. 3 spires

3 spires I like the no nonsense approach me Bar Member

That's the trouble you shout about how good the stuff is and every other bugger starts to use it!
    :yell_:

I am sure Mr and Mrs Shaw are happy its so popular and fair play to them:thumbup:

mistcoat, YTS 83', Painter16 and 2 others like this.
  16. Sprayandrun

Sprayandrun PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

But thats what we moaned about with mythic (supply).

17. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Painter16 likes this.
  18. Painter16

Just finished the job today mate ended up using Dulux quick drying opaque exterior white ,used on another job last month as well ,and have to say it’s really really nice to apply,very pleased with the finish,would use again ,

RonyT likes this.
  19. BenjaminMooreUK

BenjaminMooreUK PPS Master Craftsman PPS Sponsor

Good morning all,
    It’s hot, hope you are able to stay cool somehow.
    I felt it necessary following the comment comparing us to the now defunct Mythic Paints to update you on how we are managing with stocks.
    A bit of market context first. Since the recovery from the global economic meltdown in 2007 it’s been relatively straight forward to forecast future volumes. However, since March I doubt any global paint company will have experienced volume mix changes like we have seen over the last few months. It’s something we are all working through. Some products have seen demand increase by at least 500% and some have seen drops of the same amount. Aura Exterior has seen significant increased demand which we were not able to forecast. To be fair to us it’s one of the few products we have had stock challenges with.
    The team are working round the clock both here and in the US to meet the demands of the new volume changes we are seeing. Our service to you is our number 1 priority.
    Aura Ext base 1 is now back in stock and we are ramping up stocks as fast as we can as we forecast this product to continue to be in very high demand through the summer.
    We will find our feet working with the new volumes and I appreciate your patience as we get our stock profiles in the right shape.

Craig

matt, Buckers, Hang it all and 9 others like this.
  20. ahenrypd

ahenrypd PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member

Bit too hot for outsides. Don't need aura exterior, instead could I have 50 quarts of aura bath and spa for the indoor swimming pool. :jester:

bitzz and crj like this.