1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather Shield Opaque!

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by DerekHessett, Jul 29, 2011.

1. DerekHessett

DerekHessett PPS Craftsman Bar Member

Just squared this up today.. all the windows & doors. what a finish the opaque has. Aint cheap but at £98 a tin. it was never prepped properly was a mess, it amazes me what some of these new build painters get away with:eek:mgblink:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chris spence

chris spence PPS Master Craftsman

Dereck i take it thats Dulux, and is that 5litres ? and is that alloy trim ? and what did you use for the black down pipes and trim ? and my dear friend its a loverly clean sharp job, how did you apply,brush or roller or both, 10 out of 10 mate, i love clean examples like this, shows a mans skill set, did you mask windows or use the wet paper teqnique, anyway , i better stop doing ya head in.

3. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

A super job Derek:thumbsup:

I like the grey colour, BS by any chance? Did you say you only did the trim? only I noticed the brick plinth isn't done, so would assume this was not part of the contract:scratchhead:

Something else unusual, is the painting of the roof verge & the cement tile bedding. I have done this in the past, where the previous painters couldn't cut in & looked a mess, but as a rule, I leave them bare. However, it looks ok in the picture - kind of contemporary effect which works ok with the colours & style of the windows.

Ohh, PS...........nice van:thumbsup:

4. Welsh Decorator

Welsh Decorator PPS Master Craftsman

Nice looking job! :thumbsup:

Had one similar recently, first re-dec on an exterior, the house at the time of sale was £800K and had next to no paint on the fascias and soffit's, thankfully the windows were from 'Rational' a Belgium comp I think, and they were still in factory finish.

5. DerekHessett

6. DerekHessett

Yip BS, Flint if am not mistaking. nope unfortunately not, just what you see. Yea a did mention to the owner about taking it in but he wanted it the exact same as before so he got what he asked for :yes: a prity little modern home i think... but the house behind it was just put up a total cost of 2.6mill, if you seen the paint work you would be disgusted at the quility haha makes me laugh! :lol:

7. DerekHessett

There you go lads, now go scare the crap out some home owners when you tell them the paint bill lol
    [​IMG]

8. bagshot

bagshot PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

nice job Derek,still much prefer superdec as a exterior finish tho.and i'm supposed to use Dulux,gr

9. MrHarriDec

MrHarriDec PPS Master Craftsman

Looks sharp. I'm a big fan of w/s opaque woodstain, the Aquatech version is also very good.

10. acmasterpainter

acmasterpainter PPS Master Craftsman

I like that look a lot. Good job.

11. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

£98 for 5ltr :omg:

[​IMG]