1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's multi quote?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions/Questions' started by Wayners, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

I've been playing and I think you can take bits of text and link to them in a reply. I think? Any advice greatly appreciated. Its the link on this forum +quote

2. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

What is your favoured way of viewing the forum - pc, ipad etc?
    It's all a lot easier on the pc TBHWY.

Anyway... you read a post from X and think, "I want to quote that." Click the +Quote link.

A bit further down the thread, you see Y has made a post that you'd also like to quote... Click +Quote link at the bottom of their post too.

Scroll down to the pane where you wish to compose your own response but before you respond, click the "Insert Quote" button. Both quotes will be at the top of the pane and you can remove any bits of the quotes that aren't really relevant to your reply if you wish.
    Make sure your cursor is after the [ /QUOTE ] of your quoted posts otherwise it will all go to pot.

This --> [ QUOTE ] is always the beginning of a quoted post.
    This --> [/QUOTE ] is always the end of the quoted post. Note the / before the word QUOTE.
    Anything in between those [ tags ] will be seen as quoted.

I am in the midst of doing some tutorials. So will explain in greater detail soon.

Wayners likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat Bar Member

OK. Thanks I'll give it ago. I tried searching here on forum before I asked the question, but nothing came up so hopefully now it will just incase other want to know.