1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Re-Repair

Discussion in 'Showcase - show us your work.' started by MrHarriDec, May 13, 2013.

1. MrHarriDec

MrHarriDec PPS Master Craftsman

This is a little internal repair job that's part of a larger job. It had been repaired a couple of years back using lumps of chipboard, Gripfill and 2 pack :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, the rot is far more substantial on the inside rather than the outside with this house :scratchhead:

[attachment=2721]
    [attachment=2722]
    [attachment=2723]

Attached Files:

2. AndyClassOne

AndyClassOne PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

Nice tidy job there, Mr H :thumbsup:

Could I ask: what make and model is the die grinder and where do you get your cutters from?

3. MrHarriDec

It's a GD0600, one of the chaps here posted a thread about it a while back. I think it was only about £70. The cutters are Trend from eBay.

4. Oregandec

Oregandec PPS Master Craftsman

A fine repair job there sir, dying to get my mitts on a bit of that repaircare when Liz comes over here!

5. rogerb

rogerb PPS Craftsman

Nice job Mr H, i have my first Repair Care job to do in a couple of weeks time on an external and been contemplating buying the RC die grinder but was put off with the price about £300 if i recall .I hadnt seen the previous thread about the GD0600 but will definately going down that route now nice couple of hundred quid saving happy day at work today.

6. Designanddecor

Designanddecor PPS Master Craftsman PPS Painter Bar Member

I've used the RC (metabo) die grinder and have the Makita. Save your money and buy the Makita, its all you'll need.

7. Aggie

Aggie PPS Master Craftsman

Nice job Lewis:thumbsup:

Good to see thorough repairs which will last for years. I am enjoying the leaded lights too:good2:

8. davep

davep PPS Tradesman

nice job ,is it worth getting the cordless die grinder or the plug in

9. MrHarriDec

I didn't know there was a cordless... I can't really see any benefit of having cordless?

10. handypainter

handypainter PPS Master Craftsman

I have the cordless, which is discussed in this thread http://painterspitstop.com/showthread.php?tid=3118

11. davep

davep PPS Tradesman

think i will go for the cordless makita as i think with two battery's it should last all day if i am grinding out all day ,just have to find one at a decent price

12. mistcoat

mistcoat Colour Changing Cowboy Staff Member PPS Painter Bar Member

Came up great,,, as per, Mr.H +1